Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Figured I would give you guys a little preview of the camping setup in progress, this weekend I had a little time to get my bestop equipped with a rock light from Baja Designs and I was able to tie that into the factory interior lights! Very stoked, it's insanely bright for how small it is. I also got my motorcycle carrier setup for my 2009 KTM 200 XC-W which is also in the works!! (Rebuilding from the bottom end up) The goal for this build is to be ready to rock and roll for a weekend whether it just be camping or riding. In regards to storage I'm going to be looking into a platform with storage underneath and going to my local surplus store to see if they have any military grade containers. One for vehicle supplies such as recovery gear, premix, oil, coolant, tire patch kits. The other will be camping gear specific, percolator, stove, sleeping equipment, hammock, and cups. Hopefully I can figure that out within the next month! Stay tuned!!

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

Last edited:
Trey, I'm in the same boat. I have a '15 Sierra All-Terrain with a similar setup. Stuck between keeping it the way it is and going all-in on my FJ or switching up the GMC to be more Overland-ish.

Thanks for the thread, AdventureSilvy!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Well you guys asked for more picture so i figured i would go through and show you some of the older stuff i have! :sombrero:

IMG_8853.jpg
IMG_5669.jpg
IMG_5604.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg
FullSizeB.jpg
IMG_9015.jpg
IMG_9551.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_5943.jpg
IMG_8347.jpg

wrmmt

Adventurer
Trucks looking great! Nice clean build, going in a similar direction with mine. Gave me the conformation I needed to get a few LEDs going on my bumper in a similar fashion...

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Trucks looking great! Nice clean build, going in a similar direction with mine. Gave me the conformation I needed to get a few LEDs going on my bumper in a similar fashion...

If you're looking for a quality light Setup I've got nothing but good things to say about Baja Designs! They really have been nothing but good to me, i go through the Salesman Bailey, very knowledgeable and he'll get you exactly need!

wrmmt

Adventurer
If you're looking for a quality light Setup I've got nothing but good things to say about Baja Designs! They really have been nothing but good to me, i go through the Salesman Bailey, very knowledgeable and he'll get you exactly need!

Thanks for the tip, Ill have to get in touch with him when I get to that point! Baja Designs has been on the top of my list, but unfortunately just can't float the cost right now. Have some rigids I am going to put on for the time being, hoping I can upgrade in the near future.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
IMG_3218.jpg
IMG_3222.jpg

Well I was pretty embarrassed of my old switch panel that's why I didn't feel like I should post it. The one before just kind of was wedged up under my dash board. For this new switch panel I decided to make it a bit more rugged with room for more accessories. I used a left over lens and bezel from a light and some Home Depot special L brackets. I was able to tie into some factory dash hardware which made the instal quick. Eventually planning on making a center console so I will update the thread when I do! The only other thing I plan on adding to it is a USB port for when it does go to the center of the truck. For now I'm stoked to have something that won't accidentally get turned on when someone else drives my truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles