Adventure Silvy's Build Thread

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
What air intake did you go with? Thats probably the next thing up on my '13. I need to do a few power upgrades to help out the power/mpg after adding the rack and awning and other offroad goodies... Unless I get too impatient and do suspension first haha...

I went with K&N's CARB legal setup being I have to deal with smog! Couldn't be happier with it.

St.-Newfie

:Wow1: cannot believe I missed this one, nice build! Love the softopper and I believe that is the first I've seen for the NNNBS silvy's. I wanted to (and will be) doing the same thing so I'm glad to see it does work and looks dang nice too. Had one on my Tacoma awhile back and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out...

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
:Wow1: cannot believe I missed this one, nice build! Love the softopper and I believe that is the first I've seen for the NNNBS silvy's. I wanted to (and will be) doing the same thing so I'm glad to see it does work and looks dang nice too. Had one on my Tacoma awhile back and loved it. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out...

Thank you for the kind words!! Be sure to give bestop a call they took care of me and i couldn't be happier with the quality of the product.

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Here are some photos from new years! We had an enjoyable time in Anza-Borrego! Silvy and the 2-Hundy performed great. I did the have the electric fans go out unfortunately as well as cracked the radiator from a little too much air action. If anyone has ideas for a replacement i'd love to hear it!

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3819 (1).JPG

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3803.JPG

Happy New Years all!

Last edited:

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Figured i would post some pictures from our last trip to the Anza Borrego Wind Caves and a Dam outside of Julian and Ramona. Let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

Barb The Yeti

Observer
What height do you have your coil-overs set at? I am looking to do something similar with my NNBS silverado. Love the Build, I think it looks amazing being low with those 35's

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
What height do you have your coil-overs set at? I am looking to do something similar with my NNBS silverado. Love the Build, I think it looks amazing being low with those 35's

I set the coil-overs to bring the truck up 2.5"s i will get measurements of the threads if that's what you're looking for!

TCICapn

Very nice build, truck looks great! I don't recall if you mentioned it but is your truck 4x4? If so, any issues running the coilovers and 35s (tie rods holding up ok, CV angles, etc.)? I'd like to do something similar with my '11 Sierra in the future and would love to get feedback from guys already running the setup. Thanks and keep posting up your adventures and pics, always a good read!

AdventureSilvy

Dingus w/ Wrench
Very nice build, truck looks great! I don't recall if you mentioned it but is your truck 4x4? If so, any issues running the coilovers and 35s (tie rods holding up ok, CV angles, etc.)? I'd like to do something similar with my '11 Sierra in the future and would love to get feedback from guys already running the setup. Thanks and keep posting up your adventures and pics, always a good read!

Thank you! My truck is unfortunately a 2wd with a limited slip, you blew my cover :( haha. So far i haven't ran into any issues with ball joints failing or tie rod ends binding, i have a buddy with a 4wd truck in the 07-13 body that has his on 35s and a bit higher on a fox coil and his is doing fine as well. I really need to dedicate a bit more time because i feel like i've done quite a bit to this truck that is undocumented. What i'm getting at is that i'm happy people are finding interest in this thread, and if there is ever anything you guys would like me to do a write up on that i've accidentally forgotten to feel free to let me know and i will try and whip something up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94