Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Modest 2002 Montero Build

Zero...could you let me know the details on the cast coolant crossover pipe from post #5? Is that from another 6G75 vehicle?
    2001 Jeep Cherokee - big plans with little time means it's in a thousand pieces

2003 Mitsu Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart

Quote Originally Posted by haolepinoy View Post
    Zero...could you let me know the details on the cast coolant crossover pipe from post #5? Is that from another 6G75 vehicle?
    To my knowledge this is a factory replacement part. I believe Mitsubishi just updated the design for that part. The old part was really corroded inside and would eventually fail from the looks of things.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Cool GenIII I have a similar Montero. I really like the yellow fog lights. Did you treat the OEM to look like this or are these aftermarket?

The yellow tint is a term often referred to as 'frenching' and is just a tint applied to some OEM light housings. We opted for some fairly cheap self adhesive tint from Amazon as I recall- just something with a few good reviews as I recall. We also opted for an LED light for the fog light. It was a 'Xprite A1 Series Philips Luxeon LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit' per the Amazon listing and so far they have been working flawlessly - though we don't use them unless conditions are poor. The light output is very noticeable and very vibrant. Will be doing this on the new Gen 2.5 Montero once the replacement fogs come in.

Quick edit: It is significantly easier to tint the lights when they are out of the car. You may have some luck if the light trim is removed, but wouldn't recommend this route.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789