Utility trailer teardrop/ off roadish camper build

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Great work JonesW3. Well done and you made it look easy.

Did you design it to be removable?

D

Deleted member 96197

Looks great, I like the simplicity, I suffer from the same sort of planning maddness as many people on here, every project quickly becomes very complex, and I really like the idea of still having a utility trailer for getting stuff done when you're not traveling.

jonesw3

Adventurer
Very nice build. Some good ideas, can i asl why you decided not to have a rear galley for cooking? Was it due to the side rails and being tough for aide doors?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was partly do to the high side rails but mainly because I wanted more interior space. I like the fact that I can get inside and not have my feet on the bed at all times like a traditional teardrop. It makes changing clothes a lot easier too.

Alabama Overland
www.alabamaoverland.net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonesw3

Adventurer
Looks great, I like the simplicity, I suffer from the same sort of planning maddness as many people on here, every project quickly becomes very complex, and I really like the idea of still having a utility trailer for getting stuff done when you're not traveling.

Thanks! That was the exact idea. I tend to over think stuff at times so for this build I didn't draw out any plans. I just kinda winged it and tried to make it as simple as possible. So far it's worked out great.

Alabama Overland
www.alabamaoverland.net

Spoon88

What is the interior headroom height? 4'? This winter I will be designing a trailer and I am stuck between a trailer for the RTT or sell the RTT and go Teardrop. Both have pro's and con's and this minimalist design you made has me suddenly leaning more towards the tear drop...

jonesw3

Adventurer
What is the interior headroom height? 4'? This winter I will be designing a trailer and I am stuck between a trailer for the RTT or sell the RTT and go Teardrop. Both have pro's and con's and this minimalist design you made has me suddenly leaning more towards the tear drop...

The interior height is around 44.5in.

Alabama Overland
www.alabamaoverland.net

jonesw3

Adventurer
I was able to work on the interior a little today. I got one side carpeted , part of the panel on the wall by the door installed and carpeted. And a little bit of the interior trim installed. I hope to have the entire interior carpeted and trimmed out by this weekend.
0e5044ee9783712d6fd86fc6fe76ccfd.jpg

Alabama Overland
www.alabamaoverland.net

jonesw3

Adventurer
I was able to get almost the all the rest of the interior carpeted today and a little bit more trim installed. Oh, and some new interior lights
e440dc7db5c2c83be474bca8be19c96c.jpg

4a6987a48168fc992eef564962936c4a.jpg

0fc9300d769837a19b41b867f6fab13b.jpg

Alabama Overland
www.alabamaoverland.net

steelnwool

Curious, how do you attach it to the trailer/detach it when you want to use trailer for other things? (I love the "empty box" layout versus millions of gadgets. Keeps you close to tenting.... without setting up a tent :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior