Tepui Baja Series Roof Top Tent

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
So is the Mesh canopy "green" a different color green than the Ultra Lite Canopy?

I'm seeing two very different green colors.

Looking at it now, i see two different greens for the mesh canopy as well.

Questions:
* What is the correct color of green the Mesh Canopy and Ultra Canopy are coming in?
* Can you supply pics of the actual green as shipping today?
* Does the Annex match this green?
* Does the Mesh body also come in the Gray? It list it as an option in the drop down, but I don't see any pics of that configuration.

I like the more earth toned Green, almost an olive drab color.

The different greens:
DSC_1873_1_a70d6e4d-e964-48f0-91fb-4445c732250b_1024x1024.jpg

Baja_Tent-7751_61c4167f-fa71-459c-b787-c67efe24e313_large.jpg

DSC_1864_6305bd06-9a3a-4e98-84f5-4e16ee950d5e_1024x1024.jpg

Baja_Tent-7747_6a368cdc-6a61-4d83-83c5-a6e366cfbfd3_1024x1024.jpg

Box Rocket

Our website shows different shades of Green between the Ulrtalight and Mesh canopies. The darker green on the Ultralight was a prototype and is not available at this time. Our current stock of both Ultralight and Mesh canopies are in the lighter green color. We have photos of the Ultralight canopy in the lighter green, and they will be up on the site shortly.
The last photo in your post is the correct shade of green, just for clarification.
We do not plan to offer Annexes in the same Ultralight material at this time. We might in the future, but nothing has been discussed.
There will also be Grey and Orange Ultralight and Mesh canopies posted to the website soon.
Green Ultralight with rainfly

Green Ultralight interior

Green Mesh with rainfly removed.

Grey Ultralight with rainfly

Grey Interior

Orange Ultralight with rainfly

Orange Mesh with rainfly

Orange Mesh Interior

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Thank you for the color clarification. Since the olive drab color is off the menu, it looks like Gray is the winner.

Does the ruggedized Gray Annex color match the ultra light gray?

Box Rocket

Thank you for the color clarification. Since the olive drab color is off the menu, it looks like Gray is the winner.

Does the ruggedized Gray Annex color match the ultra light gray?
\
Since they are different materials (ripstop nylon vs ripstop poly/cotton) it isn't going to be an exact match but should be pretty close from what I'm told. I have not seen the grey in person yet to give you a concrete answer.

grogie

Like to Camp
I love the idea for these in dry climates when rain is not at all expected, as I'd love to see the stars at night.

The question I have is that my Ayer's fabric (in blue) is thick, and it's been through all-night rain storms to humid nights where the outside is soaking wet the next morning, and water never passes through the material. With what looks like a thinner material on these new tents, are they as water resistant? (I'm not talking about the screen material of course.)

Last edited:

Box Rocket

I love the idea for these in dry climates when rain is not at all expected, as I'd love to see the stars at night.

The question I have is that my Ayer's fabric (in blue) is thick, and it's been through all-night rain storms to humid nights where the outside is soaking wet the next morning, and water never passes through the material. With what looks like a thinner material on these new tents, are they as water resistant? (I'm not talking about the screen material of course.)
Yes they are still water resistant. The nylon canopy of the UltraLight version is similar to what you're used to seeing on lots of other ground/backpacking tents, although its a bit heavier weight. Close to the rainfly material that is on the standard and Ruggedized tents.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
That is what I like about this new tent.

I have never understood why a RTT company did not use the same material that can be found in 4 season high end mountaineering tents. Super light, able to handle any wind, Waterproof, and does NOT need a rain fly.

Saves weight and deploy time, plus less material to flap in the wind.

Box Rocket

That is what I like about this new tent.

I have never understood why a RTT company did not use the same material that can be found in 4 season high end mountaineering tents. Super light, able to handle any wind, Waterproof, and does NOT need a rain fly.

Saves weight and deploy time, plus less material to flap in the wind.
Main reason is long term durability. The nylon is a great material for a lot of reasons, no doubt.

Drumber

Observer
Any feedback on these yet?

I'm down to either a Kukenam Sky or a Baja with the lightweight cover. Both would get an anti-condensation mat. The lower weight of the Baja is very interesting to me as you save about 30LBS over a Kukenam Sky and thats a good deal of weight on a roof. I've always thought most overloading gear is way overbuilt for the average consumer. Any thoughts or opinions either way?

santiroberts

Hi Adam, I'm a new member interested in tepui tents. I see there is a 10% discount for being a member of this forum (in your signature). How would I go about getting that discount? (I sent you a separate email about this a few days ago too). Thanks, Santi

Box Rocket

Hi Adam, I'm a new member interested in tepui tents. I see there is a 10% discount for being a member of this forum (in your signature). How would I go about getting that discount? (I sent you a separate email about this a few days ago too). Thanks, Santi
shoot me a PM or email me directly at atolman@tepuitents.com and let me know how I can help. Placing the order with me is how you get the discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier