Road to SEMA, A 90 day build ROUND 2

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
Great photos, thanks for sharing. Another well thought out and well designed van from Weldtec. I do wonder a bit about the swing outs though. The area where the bearing housing is welded to the two tubes looks like it could be a weak point, but there may be additional bracing that's not shown in the photo. Never the less, it all looks fantastic.

b. rock

It may be in the very near future......... stay tuned.....

Staying tuned. I don't have an issue with the DIY version being the high end coilover route, my concern is the uniball/heim joints squeaking a year down the road. I like the IFS for forest road/washboard/snow environments, but all of those are going to introduce foreign particles into the joints. I've had both on off road rigs with mixed results. Would welcome any thoughts on your end about them.

Staying tuned. I don't have an issue with the DIY version being the high end coilover route, my concern is the uniball/heim joints squeaking a year down the road. I like the IFS for forest road/washboard/snow environments, but all of those are going to introduce foreign particles into the joints. I've had both on off road rigs with mixed results. Would welcome any thoughts on your end about them.

For what it's worth, Jeremy put much larger joints in place of my upper ball joints on the long travel setup he built for me, and after 2.5 years and 17,000 miles they aren't showing any wear.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Its been a few years since we started this thread and there is so much awesome stuff in here. We thought we would do a little update to it as Rick came down to visit us at WeldTec Desings.
Our builds have evolved but we would love to hear what is your favorite part about this build?

Thanks Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles