Road to SEMA, A 90 day build ROUND 2

wjeeper

Man I didnt realize you had such a hard time finding a van! Man now you have to really work your tail off to get this one in time.

After SEMA I need to hit you up for some shocks.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
GMC 4x4 Build

We have been busy busy getting the front and rear suspension installed on this GMC van. IN the rear we have installed our custom rear leaf springs, WTD Shackles and King 2.5 IBP shocks that are adjustable. This set up will eat wash board roads and so much more.
Check out all the rear suspension Droop!

What do you guys think about this wheel and tire combo? We are running the Method Race Wheels 305 NV in matte black. This is a 17x8.5 wheel with a beautiful General Grabber X3 mounted on it..... A great setup on this murdered out Explorer Van Conversion build.

ALSO:
We are building new front and rear bumpers for this build which we are excited to show all of you here along with getting your feedback. This years SEMA build will introduce the new WELDTEC DESIGNS line of Aluminum products, Front and rear plate bumpers along with a roof racks. The rear bumper weighs in a about 45 lbs and the front is 55 lbs while the 11' roof rack is 110 lbs which is perfect for you guys with the pop tops. The rear bumper is modular and will allow you to add 2 swing outs for a spare, box, or gas rack or simply keep it simple by itself. The front Aluminum bumper has 2 variations, light bar, or winch option depending on your desired use for your van. With so many cool new items for you Chevrolet/GMC van owners coming soon.

A sneak peak of the rear:

We will be posting lots more pics and of course hope we have peaked your interest more in this build thread.

45Kevin

Adventurer
Hey, great thread.
SEMA is around the corner and you are probably on the way there right now.
Really appreciate all the effort you put in to sharing your builds.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
GMC Savana 4x4 build

Back to work as normal.....:smiley_drive: well not really but sure sounds great.
Sema 2017 was another great success when it came to showcasing the build of this 2017 GMC Savana van build. If you follow us on Instagarm or Facebook you had the opportunity to watch live videos from Sema along with see the first pics of the 2 vans that we took this year. For all of you that haven't, here is a look at the vans.

We have a ton more pics to share along with build videos and so much more....... so what would you like to know or see?

Jeremy

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Sema 2017 GMC 4x4 van build

I would love to see a video/pictures of the install of your front long travel kit converting to 4x4.

Doug

We are doing one now so i will try to post more pics. Are you wanting to convert to 4x4 or ?

Here is a cool pic of the vans sitting side by side.

DRLexpress

Observer
Will go to 4x4 in stages. Right now looking for a 14 bolt rear and do away with the Dane 60 c-clip axle I have now. Thinking Eaton truetrac and use it for a while, while I save my $ for the front. If I knew more about your kit I could keep my eye open for a good deal on the other parts I'll need. Transfer case-241? Front diff-9.25 IFS?

BTW. Am I right the 14 bolt was not offered starting in 2003? How hard to fit one from say 2000 in a 2004 2500 express. I crawled under one with a tape measure and I think it will work.

Thanks
Doug

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Chevrolet Express Explorer 3500 Sema Build

Here are more pics of the van builds and we should have more of the video done soon .

A look at our New Aluminum Winch bumper for the Chevrolet Express Vans

MORE INFO ON THIS PRODUCT: https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/aluminum-winch-bumper/

This is the Chevrolet Express Aluminum Rear bumper that is modular, You Can add a 1-2 rear swings to this bumper.

MORE INFO ON THIS PRODUCT: https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/aluminum-rear-bumper/

A look at the front suspension: The WeldTec Designs 4x4 Coil Over Conversion.

GOOD, BAD , UGLY.... BIGGER , SMALLER? WHAT DO YOU YOU THINK OF THE NEW BUMPERS....... WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE? WE LOVE AND NEED YOUR FEEDBACK IN OUR GOAL TO CONTINUE BUILDING NEW PRODUCTS FOR ALL OF YOU VAN ENTHUSIASTS.

THANKS
JEREMY

Len.Barron

Observer
Great work and products! Glad to see the Express/Savana really beginning to surge in recent builds...I just can't look at another E series..
It would be nice to grab some molds off those fender flares on the black conversion van, they have a nice shape to them..

Timjim

Observer
Your new bumpers are really really nice. I particularly like the panels so you can offer different cutouts for different lights. I am sure you have already considered brush guards and bull bars for them etc as well as the swingouts for the rear.

One suggestion might be to offer Black oxide stainless screws for the panels so folks could keep the blackout look. Just a small detail really. But those things are really nice designs and executed even better.

Is the white van last year's van? What did he do for the rear axle? I remember you saying he had some trouble with it. So far mine has been fine but I'm just cruising desert roads, not spinning and catching while rock crawling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles