2017 TACOMA $$$$$$$

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So many suckers, especially in southern CA, will fall for this. There are so many of the Pro models roaming around here.

If only they knew how much money they could save by NOT getting a pro and going the aftermarket route.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
So many suckers, especially in southern CA, will fall for this. There are so many of the Pro models roaming around here.

If only they knew how much money they could save by NOT getting a pro and going the aftermarket route.

Same can be said about the rubicon. I myself would love to have a trd pro.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Both of you make very valid points.

I guess I only say that because trucks and off road has been a long time hobby of mine. Since elementary school. If I were to buy something I know nothing about, say a drone, I'd prefer to buy top of the line and not piece it together myself.

Touche, gents.

Gizzard Stone

Overlander
When I think about a new car payment, I think about how far $500 / month would go on my 3rd gen 4Runner. In only one year!!!

When our Honda is paid off I'm going that route.

-M

IMO

Toyota thinks it can get $40k for a Taco because Chevy is getting $40k for the diesel Colorado/Canyons.

Toyota is being ignorant to the fact that the USDM is willing to pay for diesel in a midsize as they've continually ignored this request stating that the USDM wont pay for it, which it is now doing with the GM twins. So Toyota is trying to obscure that market with an "ultra premium", priced similarly, pretty Taco to save face to their management.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
You can get a 4dr 4wd Z71 diesel canyon for 37k. As tempting as it is with the great fuel mileage and all, its still not the same as a Toyota.

austintaco

Explorer
If you didn't want to change anything, had the money, and wanted the most capable out of the box new Tacoma, the TRD Pro is for you. If you don't mind spending money after the purchase, like to bargain hunt and do work yourself, and tailor make the truck to fit your needs, buy another model.

rlynch356

Defyota
7K buys a lot of ARB and other vendors goodness for the TRD-off road edition... like the cement color and the grill but for that price i see no point since you arn't really getting much over the Fox shocks and a very mild lift that will probably come off anyway...

my 2 cents....

Clutch

<---Pass

nah nah...yous gots it all wrong....buy a SR for $25K...leave it stock....with the money saved....that buys you a brand new Husqvarna TE300 dirt bike with all the fixens...with plenty of cash left over for gas, beer, and tacos...

That Husky will take you places that the TRD Pro can only have wet dreams about....

:ylsmoke:

matmattmatthew

With the amount of TRD Pro Tundras and 4runners I see on a daily basis, I have no doubt Toyota will sell just as many TRD Pro Tacomas regardless of MSRP. There are plenty of project managers of construction companies that want to pull up to a jobsite in the highest level trim package possible. Trust me, I work with a lot of them.

Clutch

<---Pass
With the amount of TRD Pro Tundras and 4runners I see on a daily basis, I have no doubt Toyota will sell just as many TRD Pro Tacomas regardless of MSRP. There are plenty of project managers of construction companies that want to pull up to a jobsite in the highest level trim package possible. Trust me, I work with a lot of them.

Image is huge here in the States... :ylsmoke:

Majority of those "offroad" packages will never see dirt. What I see in the backcountry more than anything else are Subarus, VW Vanagons...and clapped out old dirt bag Toyota pickups that some rock climber paid $4500 for.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
nah nah...yous gots it all wrong....buy a SR for $25K...leave it stock....with the money saved....that buys you a brand new Husqvarna TE300 dirt bike with all the fixens...with plenty of cash left over for gas, beer, and tacos...

That Husky will take you places that the TRD Pro can only have wet dreams about....

:ylsmoke:

hahaha always encouraging people to get bikes.

Loving my DRZ. Cant believe I went so long without a bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier