2017 G550 - Tire Options

chinochulo

IMG_4976web.jpg

My stock 265/60R18 size doesn't look bad from this angle I took tonight; but the tires will be changed out next week for some proper BFG KO2s which should handle this weather a little better. Will let you know how they measure once mounted....

ntan

Adventurer
Looks super good. So no issues with ESP or rubbing on stock suspension? Have you put a tape measure on these to see if they are really 31.9"? I have seen BFG be a little under advertised. Either way this is a solid option for G63s.

TC does kick in a bit more when you're aggressively cornering, but nothing intrusive. i feel like the G was built to have these as the stock tire size instead of the slightly smaller ones that come stock. I haven't measured them yet.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Still looking good! I ride 265/65/18 too. I asked about your tire cover before knowing your tire size was 265/60/18 (aware that Vlad carries them). A 463 890 6708 is MB part #
I have a knock off version of your tire cover I ordered from www.boomco.com that barely fits over my BFG KO's & will someday order the MB soft spare cover and certain it too will barely fit.
Again, awesome G you have
That link you provided has a nice looking semi rigid cover for a pretty competitive price
http://www.boomco.com/shop-by-acces...vinyl-band/rigid-tire-cover-mercedes-g-class/

Attachments

• TireCover.jpg
    TireCover.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 385

chinochulo

275/70R18

Tires changed this morning from stock Kumho Solus 265/60R18 to BFGoodrich T/A KO2s 275/70R18 on a 2014 G550. Haven't tried to elicit ESP signal yet. Can confirm that there is no rubbing in the horizontal or vertical planes with street driving; no rubbing at full lock left or right. The visual effect is enormous...

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Tires changed this morning from stock Kumho Solus 265/60R18 to BFGoodrich T/A KO2s 275/70R18 on a 2014 G550. Haven't tried to elicit ESP signal yet. Can confirm that there is no rubbing in the horizontal or vertical planes with street driving; no rubbing at full lock left or right. The visual effect is enormous...

You know what we all want! PHOTOS PLEASE!! : )

goinsurfin

Observer
After 6mo with the KO2, they are are a good look and perform very well! I went with 265 65/18. I note the Speedo is off about 1-2 miles and I've never had the ESP go off...

IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG

1range

Adventurer
I will chime in.... I am currently running 285/60/18 Ko2 (my old 55 wheels, I use for wheeling) I am thinking I may need a set of those 20s around town tho. Looking good!

Attachments

• G550_1.jpg
    G550_1.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 163
  • G550.jpg
    G550.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 175

greynolds

Observer
I'm not ntan and can't post photos yet because my 2017 G63 is still en-route (I'm hoping to have it next week), but I'll be going with those same tires on mine. The salesperson checked with the service staff and they confirmed that the size will work fine on the G63, but the speedometer might be off by a few miles per hour. If that can't be adjusted in the star diagnostics (does anyone have a list of the tire sizes that can be selected?), that's something I can live with.

Regarding the spare tire, my understanding is that the Mercedes spare tire cover won't fit 275/55R20's, so I'm keeping the original spare tire for now as that's what the dealer recommended.
My 2017 G63 finally arrived (it got held up in customs for a while; I guess I was the lucky one this time...) and I took delivery last night. The upside of the delay is that the dealer decided to cover the entire cost of the tire swap instead of splitting it with me as appreciation for me being patient. The BFG KO2's look incredible on the G63, IMHO, and will be a lot more useful than the stock summer tires. Apologies for the goofy looking guy standing next to the new toy, but it's the only picture I've got at the moment that shows the tires well:

2017 G63 Delivery 01_Small.jpg

chinochulo

greynolds that's a good looking G! When the warranty runs out on mine I am probably going to get a 2017 G63 as well! Just have to get an OEM 20" spare which matches the four wheels and slap the same rubber on.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
My 2017 G63 finally arrived (it got held up in customs for a while; I guess I was the lucky one this time...) and I took delivery last night. The upside of the delay is that the dealer decided to cover the entire cost of the tire swap instead of splitting it with me as appreciation for me being patient. The BFG KO2's look incredible on the G63, IMHO, and will be a lot more useful than the stock summer tires. Apologies for the goofy looking guy standing next to the new toy, but it's the only picture I've got at the moment that shows the tires well:

View attachment 379753

Any issues with ESP with the 32" size on the 2017? Where you able to get the software changed over? Can you detail what they did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles