Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

KTempleton

Observer
Man that bumper is so sick! You make that yourself? If so you have any details you can share to where I can maybe have someone try to replicate it. only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a bumper is because as much as I like the Brute Force bumpers, I'm not sold on it for my truck. Would do this in a heartbeat.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Man that bumper is so sick! You make that yourself? If so you have any details you can share to where I can maybe have someone try to replicate it. only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a bumper is because as much as I like the Brute Force bumpers, I'm not sold on it for my truck. Would do this in a heartbeat.

I was in the same place. I don't like the chin look of a lot of these bumpers. 1st gen doesn't have a lot of options though so understand its lack of options as much as liking a particular style on this platform.

This one is a replica of another guys I found. The guy with a 00' SASed Tundra, chopped bed on 37"s. I forget who it was but I just replicated that to the fullest extent possible.

To get one made, it would be contacting a local fabricator. Materials is mostly the 1.75" tube, a piece of angle, and a small amount of plate for mounting. The winch plate is the wide random branded winch plate (widest I could find). Shackle mounts are 1/2" skinny to fit better on the tube.

northwood

Wow, really awesome rig! I would love to get a first gen and build it out similar to yours but I have had a hard time finding parts/inspiration for what is such a great platform. It actually led me away to start considering Tacoma's but like you said, I wanted to like them but am having a hard time justifying the price tag for a truck that doesn't check the boxes.

Any recommendations on finding first gen overlanding parts? Can't wait to see whats next!

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Any recommendations on finding first gen overlanding parts? Can't wait to see whats next!

1st gen tundra doesnt have the volume of support as other platforms, suspension is covered, bumper options are pretty limited. There are a few builds kicking around to get ideas from. Feel free to DM for any specific questions.

"

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Alaska trip

I drove up Seattle area, saw a few things along the way, spent a few days around Anchorage, put the truck in storage and flew home. I cant be gone from work for a few weeks so we split up the trip.

This was the first long camping trip with the Tundra, camper, and my build out. Happy with everything, and a few changes to make.

Last edited:

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Before and After, what do you think?

hLYYB95wCn2Nh09zd4pPKJ_Wa5xNQcdkjkCmEcOAK_7zf7i7NK-1UWLj4GBVHosV14vuVoeVsDbzId7Z34XdQWyEkbr8FJMTIuwNBuW9PaHCMh4SqIwPB-R6PStwOy9En-Pyfi7aoiCrLdQRZwIRSI-Yzetbjy3wmDAtSEGua1Ki5_en840_orxYS_proZSwO76AL96cU291zFLG-eKn5HVMbaz2ROj6sm5jJTHJXEX8zORSHBg2xb59LwOaUuVXS7i7S-zJCPMgMZ958NFx9vVQFj-K0gwun2F9kduQYeFGmTKq7nCNapiPh3WjVOrkwmgBL4y2Tm8TbcKNYZz1gFRgBRZocSiDzQHvz7w6010RIggAZ6pE34HGR5U4JbpISB6fNkC1WLQHsw-81AkGKF7MKw4nvOGN1GsVBzkFakep3ME6yDpYQWjH9iHbt_YtYddM2iOloBlT2XgksIK03lwPO5LMSNfDjaQgVMQ8YvwIr8iemNbm21qSQYKufrha_taVlcmEH5-Ud3ljAnGvWutM6OxJmt73cYLAbJYhNS7Jjembx3UdQ7W2Gc-JLyx6_G6XnEc6VFZDkvb6BOU8jtEC_r85r1H2GONekWFv7lbCT3MG7UENCBD3NAqfkDnXT9YiCb2GPmettG3TwJifj4IA-F4krEWZXXDZJ1D2JcWRSB3OjSeVHZokmHHurEOQqNtQ5vKLbYK8izo1c44tK9kJ=w656-h539-no

smokeysevin

Observer
That looks nice. I'm still trying to make or find a decent set of these for an access cab.
The black housing ones for the AC are pretty easy to find, the light output blows thought. If you go that route, do a projector retrofit for sure. I kick myself for not doing that years ago.

Sean

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Part 2 of the trip. Picked up the truck in Anchorage. Da Bears in Denali, a 1 ton pumpkin in Palmer, a sea of red on the Denali highway, a wolverine on the Top of the World, a death on the dempster, a birth on the Inside Passage.

We spent a few days in Denali. Saw 20 some bears, a few close enough to take a picture of. The caribou and moose were shedding their velvet which was a bit gruesome but something I hadnt seen before.

Denali remained hidden while we were there.

The AK state fair was going on, and a 2200 lb pumpkin set a new record.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles