Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Engine Bay Wiring, Dual Bat, Fuse Box

Spent the morning setting up the trail gear battery tray for an odyssey PC1500. I found these bussmann modules that were pretty slick, one a dual fuse, another fuse/relay module. Also put up a blue sea CB on the PC2150 mount for the aux battery bus to the fusebox, and another CB and ACR 7622 on the PC1500. No pics, paint is drying. Hope to wrap up the wiring mess after work.

update: Wired up a fair bit of the stuff. Bussman module on the left is a 70A relay & a fused 80A module, this runs my small inverter. It takes a delphi MP150 connector for the trigger wire. Next to it is another module, 2x 80A max, fused at 40A for the Arb twin. 100A CB fuses the Main battery bus on the Bussmann dual bussed relay box. ACR runs over to the G31 Odyssey.. On the right, I have a constant wire to the radio and a splice to the headlight power fused by a waterproof fuse holders.

The holder itself is a trail gear unit. I welded a washer strack on the bottom to keep it from moving side to side, front to back. Same idea as the plastic tray. I welded on a piece of C channel, and drilled out the box's hold down to accommodate the j hook. I then cut some threads further down on the j hook and then cut it shorter. On top I welded a peice of 0.125 scrap plate I had. I took and drilled out the holders and welded nuts on the top side. This prevents anything from penetrating into the battery box. I have a Diehard Platnium wear through on a pretty minor screw head sticking up.

More to go... but getting closer.

32033351323_cff29387c0_c.jpg

32464088883_44e37ff169_c.jpg

33150302451_68838c8bf9_c.jpg

Friday was a big day, 150lbs of front suspension came in from Solo. No axles in the box, and I didn't want to start on it not knowing when it would be rolling again. MCM rear was ordered this week, 4-6 weeks out. Deaver estimate came in on custom C27s, essentially same cost as std C27s.

32356407280_d066546530_c.jpg

Last edited:

smokeysevin

Observer
You are going to love the rear setup, I have a cantilever rear with g57s and its pure bliss. With an extra 2-4 inches of travel it will only be better if the shocks are valved like they are supposed to.

Sean

Leibbrand

Adventurer
You are going to love the rear setup, I have a cantilever rear with g57s and its pure bliss. With an extra 2-4 inches of travel it will only be better if the shocks are valved like they are supposed to.

Sean

Ideas on how to get them valved correctly? I want to run King bypass shocks in the rear. Aside from filling out the form and asking Filthy or someone for help, not sure what I can do. Matt says King doesnt provide much help and their recommended solution is ADS.

The G57s, is that a SOA or SUA set up? How much travel are you getting out of the rear? I could use some help before pulling the trigger on springs. Looking to get at least 14 out of the rear.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Sean. How is the canta on trails?

I know it's good for go fast stuff but hows the slow speed misalignment when wheeling?

Interested in real world feedback too. I heard that the canti does not impact articulation any more than a typical setup with less travel.

smokeysevin

Observer
Since the shocks are in the same spot on the axle you get the same amount of articulation as any other setup. I will try to get some pictures later, I currently have a bunch of crap in the bed right now. Measured at the leaf springs I have 14" of travel on my g57s. The g57s are SOA.

DSC_2469.jpg
DSC_2470.jpg
DSC_2471.jpg
DSC_2473.jpg

The pictures of the rear are fully drooped out, 14" from the wheel well to the top of the tire.
The picture of the tire compressed still had 3" or so of compression travel left, I just chickened out with my lifting mechanism.

Rule of thumb for valving is start heavier than you think you need. My motion ratio is 1.4:1 (total) but since the angle of the cantilever arm changes across the range you valve it for where you will be most of the time. The beauty of this is that as the arm cycles and the actual motion ratio gets closer and closer to 1 at the end of travel, the shocks actually "push" harder back.

Sean

Last edited:

smokeysevin

Observer
I like my g57s but you have nearly no up travel, its all droop. They are good Springs but the position of the mounts and shackles just dont really let you have all that much up travel. That being said, they are bolt on and ride great with good shocks for what they are. I paid 450 used for mine.

Sean

Leibbrand

Adventurer
I took and cut down a sequoia rack, probably will mount it up. Debating if I should use the OE cross bars and mount it like a sequoia rack or mount it to the rain gutter and make my own cross bars. I guess I wont likely use the cross bars so maybe just mount it to the gutter. My left side rain gutter was missing, so I have a week to think about it.

Nearly done with all the wiring, save a couple cleanup items. I troubleshooted a bit of wiring, still have one thing left. Friday I ordered rear bypass shocks and bumps from Filthy. Front axles due in next week, ordered them a long time ago. I need to make a decision on leafs soon, but need the front on to determine rear ride height. I cant do the front and rear bumpers till I figure out the width...

33150302451_68838c8bf9_c.jpg

32464088883_44e37ff169_c.jpg

Last edited:

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Still missing parts from Solo. Its Mid March, ordered this kit end Nov... Needless to say Solo has consistently not shipped on their committed dates.

MCM is still a week out.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
What are you missing? My kit was short the uniballs. I called them and had them within two days.

Still waiting on the axles. I should probably double check everything was in the box.

Did you get install instructions or an exploded diagram? I don't have any recommended toques or anything to follow.

seanpistol

Explorer
They are still putting together install instructions, they don't have any at this time. Call Paul, he gave me instructions and I took some notes over the phone.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
They are still putting together install instructions, they don't have any at this time. Call Paul, he gave me instructions and I took some notes over the phone.

I'll give him a call if I get stuck. I done a few installs, but not from a box of parts. You can always beat me too it and post all about it. :)

Bobby(?) at Solo did get in touch with me today, and he committed to personally follow up to get the axles shipped next week.

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
I just finished my install. I figured some things out and should be able to save you a few hours... I'll get that to you soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles