Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

Leibbrand

Adventurer
took the 4runner to ID, 16 hours of driving over a 3 day weekend and a hike in to catch these views.

36608052901_cb5f714965_c.jpg

36607934201_de1849ddcc_c.jpg

36700255766_faf5776145_c.jpg

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Incredible shot man. Have you been up to anything the past few weeks couple weeks?

Truck wise, got the exhaust routed out the side, in front of the tire. I'll have to move it again, when I do the headers, but didn't want another expense right now. I'm cutting the ITRE down to get the rest of the toe out. I've got the rear tires on, rims painted black, etc.

Not sure what else, still waiting on Deaver

RockenAlex

Holy ****! This is intense! I sold my third gen a month ago after picking up and DD'ing an '06 tundra since early summer, I deciding it was just to much better than my 98 runner and it was time to build the tundra out instead. You seem to have hit literally everything I want to do to it, so let me thank you for all the mistakes you've made that I now don't have to! I'll be watching closely for updates here and your thoughts on everything you've done once you start beating it. I'm probably 6-9 months out from any progress on my truck but the buying process which you have so nicely outlined for me will begin Black Friday ~ish.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Holy ****! This is intense! I sold my third gen a month ago after picking up and DD'ing an '06 tundra since early summer, I deciding it was just to much better than my 98 runner and it was time to build the tundra out instead. You seem to have hit literally everything I want to do to it, so let me thank you for all the mistakes you've made that I now don't have to! I'll be watching closely for updates here and your thoughts on everything you've done once you start beating it. I'm probably 6-9 months out from any progress on my truck but the buying process which you have so nicely outlined for me will begin Black Friday ~ish.

Sounds good, wish more were in front of me. The tundra is a much nicer ride than the 3rd, much quieter, and all.

Deaver still 2 weeks out...

Leibbrand

Adventurer
exhaust, not a permanent fix, but enough to get the bed on, made it exit out the side. Likely will reroute out the bedside in the future.

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
Camburg said they'd sell me a single extended CV. Now that they are back in stock, they changed their mind. Any interest in splitting a pair? I need a spare.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Camburg said they'd sell me a single extended CV. Now that they are back in stock, they changed their mind. Any interest in splitting a pair? I need a spare.

yup, was thinking of reaching out myself for the same thing. Shoot me a PM on how you want to work payment. I think I have a spare set of boots from the TC set I got.

Jeez that frame is clean for a 2006!

yea, no salt on WA roads. Once nice thing is our cars dont rust out.

Jacksonthegreat

Hey Leibbrand, I've been looking for a form fitting hood protector like yours for a minute. Do you happen to have a part number & manufacturer info? It'd be greatly appreciated. - John

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Hey Leibbrand, I've been looking for a form fitting hood protector like yours for a minute. Do you happen to have a part number & manufacturer info? It'd be greatly appreciated. - John

The company's name is actually Form Fit. Its a Canadian outfit. I just shot them a note and they came back with what I needed.

https://www.formfithoodprotectors.com/

[edit] They have the info on their site now
Tundra 'D' Cab 2004-2006 HD 20P01

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Had some help from the guys at Mule, a local shop in town here. They did a great job getting this all done in a day and also helped previously putting the front bumps on. They have a table and skill in house to turn out more than bolt on stuff.
I meant to get the bed on tonight, but I had to clean up the leaves on the yard ... :(
Measuring the bumps, it looks like i need to move them out a bit. I took it down with the bed off, and should have provided the minimum width. Looking at it with a tape tonight, I think I'll have to redo them.
Anyway, some suspenstion pron.
Parts
MCM Fab 18" cantilever kit
King triples w/ thumb clickers and 2.5" bumps from Filthy Motorsports
Deaver C27 custom rate for expected load in bed
Archive Garage SUA kit w/ strike pads
Archive Garage shackles

38072342452_eeb1f7b674_c.jpg

38050222936_2807b57f66_c.jpg

38103653121_4fd9641efa_c.jpg

26326948859_4d39827684_c.jpg

37394803364_f42528fe25_c.jpg