Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

rickashay

Explorer
Stoked to see this thing on 35's. Going to be one ************ Tundra! Color scheme looks pretty cool too... lots of pretty blue parts ;)

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Canti brace is in and everything fit checked. MCM Fab did a great job on this and it bolted right up without any fuss. Literally no fuss, all I had to do is shave a bit of powder coat in an ID of a hole to get a bolt through. So nice to get a quality product! I am getting the axle tabs professionally welded on. Since its load bearing 100% of the time, I don't want to trust my welds.

The bed came off with 6 T55 torx bolts, and 4 10mm screws for the fuel filler trim. It was surprisingly easy to remove. I initially jacked the bed and put 2x4 under the frame rails to get it free of the bolts. I then used a high lift transmission jack and a small pallet to pick up the box, move back and off the frame.

34696673414_a875806876_z.jpg

Cutting out the rear brace was a pain. Cross cutting the heads and using an air hammer didn't do much. I had a cheap hammer from Lowes and it was worthless. I ended up having to grind each rivet down and hammering them out. Cutting out the brace left the brake lines hanging in mid air so I'll need to sort that out.

35407596231_de617989b8_z.jpg

34728471613_083933fca1_z.jpg

I've got to drive the rig across town to get the gears installed so I put back on the bumper and ziptied the tail lights and other things. :)

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Wow. Awesome the mount is bolted in? I wanna cut the cross member out and redo it with a different friendly brace for the shocks and air tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Sweet! Only heard good things about MCM fab.

hindsight... to do it again, I would have got it all through MCM.

Dropped the truck off at a local shop to get the gears and lockers in. They also going to them do the front bumps. My brake disc dust shield started scrapping pretty good on the way down to the shop. Between that and my bedless truck with zip tied lights, it was quite a head turner.

I measured the toe, and its maybe 1.5" in. I need to drill and tap the extensions or cut the threaded portion off the extension or the TRE". I cut 0.75 off the back side, but it must be bottomed out. I asked the shop to do it if they have time and wont have time this weekend to work on anything. Need to get the front end height sorted so I can get the rear springs ordered. The toe in is pushing the front right height up from what I'm told.

seanpistol

Explorer
It will take a minute for the new coils to settle to really know where your ride height ends up.

Not sure how toe can effect ride height? That doesn't make sense in my head.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Gears and lockers are in. Cell phone pic of the bumps and limit straps on. I've got shorter straps on order and some resi clamps somewhere. TRE I think I need to be cut down to get the toe out more.

35688765876_0e0d7c2565_z.jpg

Took the 4runner to the Umatilla national forest, Kendal Skyline road. The road was still drifted. After digging out one drift to get by, we ran into some hikers. They said there were a few more drifts past the next large drift we saw, so we bailed. 2nd time Ive driven across the state to end up on this road and to be turned around. Last time it was a culvert replacement crew.

35728954765_155bd6a899_z.jpg

We drove around to the other side, hiked from Panjab trailhead, up Turkey Creek trail, hiked along Mt. Misery trail ridge into the Wenaha-Tucannon Wilderness and camped at a spring. Must have been 30 deer and elk through camp at night, lots of animals walking past the tent to get to the spring. Next day we hiked along the ridge, and then down the Panjob to the TH. Good way to spend the 4rth of July weekend

34887128094_c18e06a01c_z.jpg

35559465902_36c3c2feb7_z.jpg

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
I had to cut my TRE extension down to get the toe right. I added the adjustable clevis limit strap mounts like you did and had to go to a shorter 12" strap.

AaronK

Explorer
Huh...I don't think I realized you're in my neck of the woods. We seriously need to do a local FGT meetup

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Leibbrand

Adventurer
I had to cut my TRE extension down to get the toe right. I added the adjustable clevis limit strap mounts like you did and had to go to a shorter 12" strap.

Sean, did you cut the threaded male or tapped female on the extension? I think my ITRE are bottomed out in the hole side of the extension so was thinking I need to cut the threaded portion of the ITRE off.

Huh...I don't think I realized you're in my neck of the woods. We seriously need to do a local FGT meetup

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We should definitely do that, put together a day trip with an optional overnight or something.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Got the front done enough with the shorter limit straps. I'll add a double sheer kit later and probably some spindle gussets.

I put the OE tundra wheel on with the 35 and it rubs the UBJ. Not sure I want to run spacers so will look at other wheel options.

35674001611_68898283d5_z.jpg

I cut off the rear bump strike pads and painted the rear while the bed was off. There was a little surface rust on top of the cross bar where some dirt had accumulated. Need to order the rear springs...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier