Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

Leibbrand

Adventurer
So cool...

Maybe time for your first set of SCS wheels, eh? I think the matte gun metal would look great on that blue....

:)

I need to research, but was thinking of getting bead locks. I've looked at Method 105s before. Honestly hoping to defer the wheel cost as I have a lot of work left to do.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Do the shocks line up with the cantilever arms? The picture looks kind of odd.

Sean
Yep.

It probably looks odd because the frame curves in. The shocks are zip tied to the frame so I can drive it down the road. I had to get emissions done this month.

I don't have the shocks attached because I don't want the axle cycling into the cams, nor the cams taking out the hard brake lines to the proportioning valve. The piece of angle bolted across is holding the valve temporarily.

I need the rear springs to weld on the tabs for the cam's rod ends.

Last edited:

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Any updates on the Tundra? :)

Unfortunately no, waiting largely for the Deavers to get in. I did some small stuff, brackets for PS reservoir, air quick disconnect, and manual winch switch. Rear diff breather, put some longer rear lines on, not sure they will be long enough, but they were off the shelf.

I decided to space the fronts and paint the OE wheels. Method 105s would stick out about as much as a spaced OE wheel. I am debating on running 34" tire that is narrower.

I'm going to get the bed back on before I chop into the cab. I need to do the leafs, bumps, and the brake hardlines before I put the bed on. Leafs are a few weeks out...

lhanson

Adventurer
Unfortunately no, waiting largely for the Deavers to get in. I did some small stuff, brackets for PS reservoir, air quick disconnect, and manual winch switch. Rear diff breather, put some longer rear lines on, not sure they will be long enough, but they were off the shelf.

I decided to space the fronts and paint the OE wheels. Method 105s would stick out about as much as a spaced OE wheel. I am debating on running 34" tire that is narrower.

I'm going to get the bed back on before I chop into the cab. I need to do the leafs, bumps, and the brake hardlines before I put the bed on. Leafs are a few weeks out...

For reals how many 1st Gen Tundra builds are happening in Seattle, WA right now :smiley_drive: Lets get a meet going! Are you waiting on expo deavers too from archive garage? I am too ;)

Leibbrand

Adventurer
For reals how many 1st Gen Tundra builds are happening in Seattle, WA right now :smiley_drive: Lets get a meet going! Are you waiting on expo deavers too from archive garage? I am too ;)

I ordered direct from Deaver some modified C27s (SUA). I upped the rate to carry a bit of junk in the bed.
Meet up we've talked about it, but need to set a date. My truck wont be ready for a while so I might be driving the 4runner. :) This truck has kinda gotten out of hand for the time I have. I could have done a better job ordering parts ahead of time to avoid delays. Everything takes a long time to get for this thing.

lhanson

Adventurer
I ordered direct from Deaver some modified C27s (SUA). I upped the rate to carry a bit of junk in the bed.
Meet up we've talked about it, but need to set a date. My truck wont be ready for a while so I might be driving the 4runner. :) This truck has kinda gotten out of hand for the time I have. I could have done a better job ordering parts ahead of time to avoid delays. Everything takes a long time to get for this thing.

I am very familiar with that. I am waiting for my custom kings, deavers, and brute force fab rear bumper. Looks like my build will continue sometime around early to mid September.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
I am very familiar with that. I am waiting for my custom kings, deavers, and brute force fab rear bumper. Looks like my build will continue sometime around early to mid September.

I think my timeline is taking this out in winter...

Do you have pics of the new bumper and the old one? BFF doesn't seem to have pics on their site. I noticed before you posted on this and wondering if you're selling and if I could put a tire carrier on it.

Loubaru

Adventurer

Damn, this is going to be quite the truck when you are done. Better to do it once and do it right like you are instead of rushing it though. Are there any other similar full long travel builds? I don't see much on what is left of the G1 Tundra forums.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Damn, this is going to be quite the truck when you are done. Better to do it once and do it right like you are instead of rushing it though. Are there any other similar full long travel builds? I don't see much on what is left of the G1 Tundra forums.

I haven't seen any with a rear end yet, but front ends Sean's AC, and Toyick's DC come to mind.
I've got a vision in mind and it might take time, but Ill get there. I've got a folder of reference tundras to pull ideas on bumpers, sliders, and whatnot.

Last edited:

AaronK

Explorer
I'll be in Idaho for the eclipse and in Utah the end of September. Outside of that I'm game for a meet up.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Leibbrand

Adventurer
I'll be in Idaho for the eclipse and in Utah the end of September. Outside of that I'm game for a meet up.

Got some place good for eclipse viewing? I am going to head out somewhere, but no firm plans. Not sure if its a drive and camp, or a backpack or hike somewhere.

AaronK

Explorer
Got some place good for eclipse viewing? I am going to head out somewhere, but no firm plans. Not sure if its a drive and camp, or a backpack or hike somewhere.
Heading to Idaho with Northwest Overland

Leibbrand

Adventurer
why does this forum come up with a delete post page whenever you click the edit post. click anywhere on the page and it deletes a post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles