Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looks so pretty. The cantilever kit looks pretty simple install. Might have to look into this in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leibbrand

Adventurer
rolled it out as one piece, turned it around and put it back. Need to get the tires on the front.

Its snowing in Seattle area today...

38198892621_019feccf74_c.jpg

Last edited:

charminghome

I debated white vs the dark grey... but then saw some blue ones. I really like the blue, and thought when its built it will be a bit more unique. 100k miles on it, figure I'll have this for a while.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Looks so pretty. The cantilever kit looks pretty simple install. Might have to look into this in the near future

yeah, the install was pretty easy. It was just a matter of cutting out the x-brace and frame rivets. I picked up an nice used air hammer and that made pushing out the rivets a lot faster.

love your build so far, looking forward to the rest of it...

its getting there, slowly but cleanly. I was all smiles after I got the bed on and got a feel for the truck.

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Holy smokes little bit of tire poke in the front now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea its +3.5 wider with the kit and I also had to add a 1" spacer to run the OE wheels with the 35s. A 0.5" spacer is what I would need to clear the tires but I am going to try a, the .75, smallest available. With the 1" spacer installed, the studs below the surface of the spacer by 1/8" and the wheel has a pocket.
The wheels tires are where they are though, a 8" 0 BS rim would put them in the same spot.
I'm looking for a 34" narrower tire, not sure I like how wide these are. The LT285/75R17 is 0.5" diameter less, and 1.7" narrower. This would pull the wheel in inch, but its still out pretty far and will need to start cutting.

Loubaru

Adventurer
Thanks man... I had to look extensively, but I was able to find it. It was a dealer installed option some places.
Its from FormFit, its a Canadian company. https://www.formfithoodprotectors.com/

Thanks! I've been looking around for a while too and haven't found any that I liked, lot also had varying reviews on fitment and quality. Man that company has good customer service, emailed them last night and had a quote first thing this morning. I'm also a big fan of the tailgate decal.

Kpack

Adventurer
Love the color, and the tailgate. What's the benefit of doing under-axle leaf springs like you're doing?

-Kevin

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Started a bumper today, got the bar and frame bolting sorted and tacked. Cut all the steel panel sections. I mainly used a metal circular saw for the panels. Its deafening but makes nice straight cuts.
Its a 2x4 bar, 3/16s. Using an off the shelf receiver tube, ruff stuff shackle mounts. Ebay licence plate light/bolts, and I may integrate some flush mount SRM replica lights I got on ebay cheap. Backup lights will be integrated if I can grind them down and make them look decent.

Last edited:

Leibbrand

Adventurer
Didnt get much further today. I only had an hour or so before I had to go buy tday stuff. I think what I've done on the lights will work. I just ground down the heat sink a but and the light covers. One of the drawbacks to me with the lower profile bumper was not having a place to mount lights. I think this will look good and be functional. These ebay lights are decent. I took these out last night and they are brighter than the rigid lights on my 4runner.

I set the angles on the plates and its ready to get welded together.

37641888405_df06f46f0c_c.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier