Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Leibbrand's 06 DC Limited Tundra Build

Love the color, and the tailgate. What's the benefit of doing under-axle leaf springs like you're doing?

-Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    Love the color, and the tailgate. What's the benefit of doing under-axle leaf springs like you're doing?

-Kevin
    Thanks, removing all the chrome helped a lot. The SUA is just for wheel travel, ~18" rear.

Started a bumper today, got the bar and frame bolting sorted and tacked. Cut all the steel panel sections. I mainly used a metal circular saw for the panels. Its deafening but makes nice straight cuts.
    Its a 2x4 bar, 3/16s. Using an off the shelf receiver tube, ruff stuff shackle mounts. Ebay licence plate light/bolts, and I may integrate some flush mount SRM replica lights I got on ebay cheap. Backup lights will be integrated if I can grind them down and make them look decent.

Didnt get much further today. I only had an hour or so before I had to go buy tday stuff. I think what I've done on the lights will work. I just ground down the heat sink a but and the light covers. One of the drawbacks to me with the lower profile bumper was not having a place to mount lights. I think this will look good and be functional. These ebay lights are decent. I took these out last night and they are brighter than the rigid lights on my 4runner.

I set the angles on the plates and its ready to get welded together.

Last edited by Leibbrand; 11-20-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516