Load Warrior or Safari Basket?

H2O_Doc

Adventurer
I'm in need of storage on the roof rack of my 08 Xterra OR. I don't plan to put anything particularly heavy on it (just the bulky stuff). My intent is to free-up internal space for framed insects that we import from Peru (via Miami)....I know this part sounds odd, but stay with me.

I'm thinking of getting either a load warrior or safari basket and am looking for comments beyond the size difference. Good bad experiences? Wind noise? Does the extra height keep you out of parking garages or other places?

I'm leaning toward the load warrior, but if there is a compelling reason to consider a safari basket, I'd do so.

Remember, its all for my bugs!

Reece04

Observer
I have a Megawarrior on my suburban and I have a friend with a Loadwarrior on her 4runner, I love it, I don't notice any road noise, except sometimes you hear the wind fairing tapping the rack. I really like that you can easily remove it. it does not take any tools just the hand nuts to take it on and off, which is good for when you go the car wash. Check EBay, I have seen Loadwarriors go for more than $100 off the new price.

Hope that helps!

hattrik21

Adventurer
I have a load warrior and I love it.

y1.jpg

Will0051

Observer
I have a load warrior and love mine as well. I was told you have to buy the Yakima cross bars to carry a load over 100 Lbs, but I've had an easy 150 Lbs up there with stock Pathfinder cross bars; no problems. The load warrior itself is very light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier