Talk to me about canoes

Plains Drifter

Got out last week with my son for a bit in the new Dagger, really impressed with how nicely it paddles!

20160826_112919.jpg

Awesome! That is a lucky young man getting to spend time with dad in the canoe!

Storz

Explorer
Another gorgeous day on the river. Did a out 4 miles with a buddy, his two year old and my son.

40c989660dc14342d05fa545bbaf8c94.jpg

8b947e9df5a1f23b4bd718e2ff6bd207.jpg

4c08d647a48a4dc2075b01c549b0832c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Storz, that looks like a great canoe. In terms of size and design, it's almost identical to my old Lincoln 5.3 Down River boat. It's got a nice shallow arch hull, so plenty of secondary stability. With the asymmetric hull, it's going to be fairly fast as well. Nice to see folks in PFDs, too!

Congrats!!!

Storz

Explorer
Storz, that looks like a great canoe. In terms of size and design, it's almost identical to my old Lincoln 5.3 Down River boat. It's got a nice shallow arch hull, so plenty of secondary stability. With the asymmetric hull, it's going to be fairly fast as well. Nice to see folks in PFDs, too!

Congrats!!!

I am a safety Nazi, if you're in the boat you're wearing a PFD. My buddy comes from a LONG line of sailors (he himself is the youngest 'old goat' 25 year veteran of the Port Huron to Mac race) and shares my views.

FJOE

Regular Dude
That's a beautiful boat, man. I live on the water too and have 2 kayaks and 2 canoes, one of them being an Old Town Discovery 158 from the mid 90's. I would say if you are looking for a cheap second boat (so all your friends can come along) then go to paddleshops and ask for older rental boats that they might be willing to sell. I got my Discovery this way, and had to patch a small hole, but I got the boat for $100. The wood was in great condition, and I learned how to make fiberglass patches in the process. Total cost before a new set of paddles was $150. I am always on the lookout for deals like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles