MG Metalworks Radius Arm/Coil Spring Axle Conversion for E-series Vans

dcguillory

Adventurer
Are you gunna kick this over to Ujoint after you do a few runs? Cuz I'm still waiting for front seat mounts for the seats in my barn. . . . . . just sayin.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Oh man. This looks like the simplest, best engineered swap I've seen. Lots of unknowns at this point I really like what I see.

its so simple that since we did the install on my van (a couple weeks ago) I finally went to get the alignment checked just to make sure, nothing felt off, but I wasn't 100% sure. Well the guy came back and basically asked me why I came in because everything was within spec and handed me my keys.

Literally all we did was roll the axle under, eyeball it to get it as close as we could to center under the van. Mount all the brackets and then attach everything. Once it was all sitting on its own weight just torque it all down and off I went.

FDM2012

Adventurer
I REALLY like the idea of this, but as a Quigley owner, not sure it makes much sense, as opposed to just doing an Agile RIP
kit for some fairly decent gains.

Sure is interesting though!!

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Excellent execution to your problem. All I can think of now, is springs with more travel and King shocks. It would be the ultimate moto van, 4x4 e series whoop eater!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Excellent execution to your problem. All I can think of now, is springs with more travel and King shocks. It would be the ultimate moto van, 4x4 e series whoop eater!

I'll let you know after I get MG's kit. I'm planning on adding some 3" remote res. King's. These vans are piggies...

i don't see the solid axle front end being a "whoop eater"

i see smooth, tight turning radius, and excellent brakes.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Got the van washed today so here is another couple photos for y'all.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is one I'm sure you all will be interested to see. That trac bar and draglink couldn't get any more parallel.
image.jpg

That is some really nice work! Congrats on completing the kit!

Hopefully this doesn't come off as rude and forgive me if it does but what does your kit offer that the Ujoint kit does not? I understand coils vs leaf spring but what else? Seems price is about the same? This is an honest question and hope it doesn't appear as trolling.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Ha ha, I actually like the 33s and knowing without a doubt I won't be rubbing anything no matter how rammed the tire is into the wheel well. But I may go to 35s when these run out.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Is your rear end sitting a bit raked? I did not realize my van was until I actually bought it, waiting for build out to get custom Alcans built up. Your baby looks pretty damn sweet, the kit looks factory

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

DudeAbides

Observer
That is some really nice work! Congrats on completing the kit!

Hopefully this doesn't come off as rude and forgive me if it does but what does your kit offer that the Ujoint kit does not? I understand coils vs leaf spring but what else? Seems price is about the same? This is an honest question and hope it doesn't appear as trolling.

Price is not even close to the same IF your van has RSC. The ujoint setup is awesome, and fairly affordable on a non-RSC rig. However, with RSC you're looking at a minimum of $6500 for the axle alone to do the leaf sprung ujoint setup. Compared to potentially finding an RSC compliant coil sprung axle for under $3000, that right there is a significant cost difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier