Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Offical Nutmeg Thread. CT members say hello

So guys Im planing a week long trip/expedition up to Maine. It will be my lady, her brother in his dodge, and myself. I want to see if anyone from here would like to come with us.

All, FYI there is a road closure that is moving forward in Kent, CT that I wanted everyone to be aware of. It hasn't happened yet so I've started a petition to hopefully get this blocked from happening. Below is the link to sign. Please forward to anyone you know who is willing to help and sign.

Thanks in advance for the support!

https://www.change.org/p/bruce-adams...T2_brand_exact
    2016 Toyota 4rummer Trail Premium
    2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye
    1993 Porsche 964 RS

Do you know the towns reasoning for shutting it down? That is a huge recreation area used for everything from fishing to rock climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andie S.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited

@northeast_flatlanders

@andoor

The reason given was overuse/abuse in a nutshell though no evidence was provided. There was a lively discussion at a town hall meeting, which I missed, and then the National Park Service made the decision to install a gate. This is what I've been told but am awaiting verification.

If you feel comfortable forwarding this to other communities like the rock climbers etc that would be much appreciated.

I have already contacted the town govt regarding this as well and am working every angle I can. The decision was just made apparently with no due process etc.
    2016 Toyota 4rummer Trail Premium
    2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye
    1993 Porsche 964 RS

Not sure if I've chimed in on this CT Member thread yet.............My name is Jake. Or Sasquatch. Lol. I live in "the quiet corner", too, in Vernon, CT. I drive a Toyota 4Runner Trail. Running basically a stock truck, with the exception of BFG tires and rock sliders. I usually bring my wife and 2 awesome kids along, and we always have a good time. We've been known to associate with the Northeast Flatlanders club, and this year will be our 2nd trip to VOR. We are always looking for any excuse to explore the outdoors.

4runnertrail.jpg

The SquatchRunner
    2005 Jeep Rubicon
    2005 LR3 "Moneypit"
    5x8 Off-road Hiker Trailer
    1983 cj7 rust bucket plow heep.

Follow us @northeast_flatlanders

Name: Rick
    Rig: 99 Land Cruiser OME suspension, BFG KO2's "33's"
    Group: New England Overland

Still no skid plates or sliders but I do enjoy trail rides where these aren't necessities. I've been out to Anthracite in PA with it and had fun on greens and parts of a blue trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1999 UZJ100: Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform 76"x54", OME Suspension Kit light (front), OME medium (rear), ARB 2500 8x8 Awning, ARB 2500x2500 Awning Room with Floor, ARB Single air compressor (CKMA12), 33" BFG KO2s, Blue Sea ST Blade Fuse Box, Speski OffRoad Cargo Barrier - powder coated, Specter Off-Road Tuff Duck Seat Covers (front, mid & console cover), YAESU FT-2900R, Cobra CB Radio 75WXST.
    TLCA Member #23351
    KC1DUU

Name: Sterling
    Rig: 03 Tundra Stepside, Bilstein 5100 lift, KO2 pizza cutters
    Group: none yet!

Moved out here from CO for grad school. Haven't gotten a chance to really explore much since I've been out East. Would love to go check out some trails though!

Name: Jim
    Rig: 06 Rubicon Unlimited, 2.5 OME, Tom Woods Driveshaft, JKS Links F/R, 285/75R16s, Viair, Warn VR 12000, Dual Optima Red Tops, Bumpers, Sliders cause the wife is short, Rubicrawler, Locker Switch mod, Relocated Locker air pumps underhood, 31.5 gal Safari tank, and one almost finished mod to be discussed later.
    Group: none.
    _DSC9477.jpg_DSC9481 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by Bullseye240; 01-15-2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Had to add killer photos of the new Safari Top
    "Live within your means.

Give back to the world.

Follow your dreams.

Raise children who will do the same. "

Jonathan Hanson

06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

http://www.nomadicaperturephoto.com/

So guys, I have been pretty quite on the forum the past year or so. Well the reason is I have been busy, I finally got married, and bought a house. I am now in the quite town of New Hartford. so far we love it up here. You guys are more than welcome to come up and have a drink or dinner anytime!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456