KL Cherokee trailhawk owners, chime in?

Jeeper4life

Adventurer
Another vote for Cherokee pictures!

I wouldn't mind getting my wife one later on. I just wish the aftermarket support for it would pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolli310

3ePg42s.jpg

Mind she's stock, for now.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
To address something else....

The cargo volume in the KL is rather inefficient. It's 'lumpy', the roof line cuts into the volume at a low level, and the rear seat doesn't lay flat. You may find that the fridge will be mounted a good distance from the rear edge because it'll hit the window. This was the situation with AdvSubaru's XV. I suggest you build a cardboard box the size of the fridge with it's mount, and test fit it. You could be disappointed.

I think one of the best things about the KL is how much it's been proving the naysayers wrongs.

MzPriss

Observer
My KL got new shoes last week. No rub without the lift. The Hazard Sky Lift came this week. I'm hoping I can get it done this weekend. For now, here she is with her new shoes, BFG K02 255/55 18. I kept the stock rims because I kind of like them.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 43

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
I did a quick price comparison of used cars (Seattle Craigslist) and for <$25k, you can get:
2016 Renegade Trailhawk
2014/15 Cherokee Trailhawk 2.4L or high-mileage V6.
2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4.

Kinda surprising to me given their MSRP differences and only a year apart.

mb1k

Observer
Great thread, new Cherokee Trailhawk owner myself here but long time forum member with the Jeep XK Commander. Here's a quick link to Rocky Road's 1" lift. Looking to see some feedback as these things start making it to the street. Look promising.

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-lift-kit.html

Myself, I drove home the Cherokee as a result of the VW TDI buyback issue. Needed to replace my daily commuter and we had a KL as a rental for 2 weeks and loved it. I thought, "Why not? In the Trailhawk trim I could commute AND have a second Overlander if done right". Let you know what's happening as I start my build as well.

Update 30OCT16: Here she is during her first break in run this morning!

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%204.40.23%20PM.jpg

And here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N7V3GY4K9M

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Joined the cult today, 2017 Trailhawk, white with black interior, got heated mirrors and remote, A/C guess everything else is standard stuff. Getting a hitch installed and it's the 4 banger for better mpg, I doubt I'll have any problem with my 5/8 utility trailer towing the bike and a few extras. Pics later, now to plan a trip! :)

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Got mine in early December and have over 4000 kms on it already. Love the fuel economy coming from a LR LR3, as low as 8.7 lts per 100 kms some days. Sliders, Thule rack, dual battery (for ARB fridge) will be my first projects.trailhawk1.jpg

Colin Hughes

Explorer
IMG_0618 - 1_01.JPGIMG_0618 - 1_01.JPG
Nothing too serious yet. I've been very busy at work and time off has been out hiking. The Thule racks are on, a bit noisy though, the ARB fridge is temporarily mounted in the cargo area with solar or A/C power. I'm planning to remove the single rear seat and build a platform for the fridge there with the battery underneath on the floor area. I've found the unit I want to use for the dual battery so I'll need to run #8 wire and find a good spot to hook a wire into the ignition circuit. DEfinitley like the fact the car loan payment is almost entirely made up of what I'm saving in fuel costs :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles