Lr4 roof racks

Lemagus

Thanks. Even shipping from California to parts in the middle or east is relatively pricey for some of the other racks. I like the voyager and the prospeed.

Ray_G

Explorer
Thanks. Even shipping from California to parts in the middle or east is relatively pricey for some of the other racks. I like the voyager and the prospeed.

True, and keep in mind the prospeed cost on the website reflects VAT; which you won't pay. Don't get me wrong...I hemorrhaged a lot of cash getting mine to the middle east but I have no regrets given the quality and how she looks.

morrisdl

Adventurer
@mbwesner Thats the 1st I have seen it - looks good! I have had difficulty with Voyager in the past. 2nd the Prospeed racks being an awesome option!!!

GORM

Adventurer
Let's remember

With the LR3 and LR4 were pushing refrigerator boxes down the road. Questions about road noise with roof rack and AT tires is almost as funny as "What's your mileage?" I love my frontrunner rack. I have no issues with XM radio that are not related to dead spots (even in Philadelphia).

Must remember that the frontrunner rack and stock ladder do not play well together.

I am interested in hearing thoughts about removing air dam. If I open sunroof 5" and drive on hi way I get 50mph winds thru the car which give me wind burn and make feel I should be wearing hearing protection.

Btw: my mileage sucks, I love sport mode, it makes its worse :Wow1:

harbinger808

Adventurer
RayG
"Good point on the awning, I think if I were seriously considering an awning for my truck I doubt I would have gone prospeed-prob would have just stuck with FR."

completely my fault for not doing my research, but im sure once i find a fabricator, the awning and roof rack combo will be amazing :)

Ray_G

Explorer
With the LR3 and LR4 were pushing refrigerator boxes down the road. Questions about road noise with roof rack and AT tires is almost as funny as "What's your mileage?" I love my frontrunner rack. I have no issues with XM radio that are not related to dead spots (even in Philadelphia).

Must remember that the frontrunner rack and stock ladder do not play well together.

I am interested in hearing thoughts about removing air dam. If I open sunroof 5" and drive on hi way I get 50mph winds thru the car which give me wind burn and make feel I should be wearing hearing protection.

Btw: my mileage sucks, I love sport mode, it makes its worse :Wow1:

At some point you should drive my D1 w/255/85 MTs on it; that makes the 3 seem like a Bentley. Its all relative.

Campndad

Essayons!!
Thanks for all the input. Looks like I will wait on lucky 8 to receive their inventory from Prospeed. I also got an email back from Prospeed that confirmed their production has held up lucky 8. Got the feeling they are working to get it resolved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keeper1616

Observer

Removing the air dam removed the whistling noise, still got the buffeting. It does eliminate the sunroof air-injection though.

latarheel

latarheel
Ray,
Have you added any accessories to the Prospeed rack? Interested in the utility of the Prospeed accessories vs. fabricating something better. I have the Farmtek on My "96 D1 and its been very useful but would like to get a RTT and Chainsaw on the LR4 so looking at options.
RayG
"Good point on the awning, I think if I were seriously considering an awning for my truck I doubt I would have gone prospeed-prob would have just stuck with FR."

completely my fault for not doing my research, but im sure once i find a fabricator, the awning and roof rack combo will be amazing :)

perkj

Explorer
Never had a issue with wind noise with the Baja Rack on my LR3....can do 90 mph without a hint of noise.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Never had a issue with wind noise with the Baja Rack on my LR3....can do 90 mph without a hint of noise.

LOL I call BS on "no hint of wind noise" ;) maybe you are fine with it but every rack makes significant wind sound compared to an empty roof because the LR3 is actually pretty darn quiet in factory form.

Some people just have a higher tolerance for what's very little vs annoyingly obvious even when the sound is identical.

Ray_G

Explorer
Ray,
Have you added any accessories to the Prospeed rack? Interested in the utility of the Prospeed accessories vs. fabricating something better. I have the Farmtek on My "96 D1 and its been very useful but would like to get a RTT and Chainsaw on the LR4 so looking at options.

Minimal things added, somewhere in my build thread you can see how its setup-I deliberately have kept stuff off this since she is the DD. My D1's SD rack has stuff festooned all over it. As far as prospeed's accessories I took a look at what they had and decided that, while elegant, there were more $$$ than what I needed. Given the proliferation of M8 sized bolt holes all over the prospeed adding things really is just a matter of figuring out where you want it and fabricated some mounts.
r-
Ray

perkj

Explorer
LOL I call BS on "no hint of wind noise" ;) maybe you are fine with it but every rack makes significant wind sound compared to an empty roof because the LR3 is actually pretty darn quiet in factory form.

Some people just have a higher tolerance for what's very little vs annoyingly obvious even when the sound is identical.

I honestly don't hear a sound coming from mine when driving with the sunroof closed.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Cannot speak specifically for LR4 but I have a Voyager rack on my D2 and can attest to their quality. I just did close to 3,000 miles with rooftop tent, extra spare, chainsaw, two Jerry cans and a 4x2 equipment box strapped to it and it never blinked.

ESfHjgEff3AFUrOa2dm_jO0xK4XNmZUO_WXBw0yYgQksVcjchodENOUqUPrPOISuTjE3F1xHNW5ICoI=w3072-h4096-no

This is old and i usually don't quote/repost photos but it's worth it here.... I had a safety devices steel rack on my disco 1 then onto the Disco 2 and also carried a ton of stuff but you just can't come on an lr3/4 thread making any sort of comparison! ;) -because those EIGHT gutter mount points by steel are many times stronger than what the lr3 was designed to do. It sucks because the lr3 body shell is far stronger but it's rook interface is almost pure bullsh1t.

Looks like that was a fun trip!

Jwestpro

Explorer
I honestly don't hear a sound coming from mine when driving with the sunroof closed.

I'm either very sound sensitive or you are loosing your hearing ;) ANYTHING on the roof will make noise, even Thule aero bars with no cargo box. To be honest, people often 'hear' in very different tone ranges. I am driven crazy by sounds other people can't even hear or didn't until i identify the source for them ... or maybe it's all in my head ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles