Lr4 roof racks

I took my rack and awning off my LR3 this weekend to ship my Rover to SoCal in the coming weeks. My buddy is moving so he offered to load my kit up with his household stuff and I'll pick it up from him when the Rover arrives on the boat. Saves me not having to put it in a container and the extra container cost.

Anywho, I forgot how quiet the Rover is with nothing on the roof. With that said, my Rover looks like ******** with bumpers and nothing on top. Sure, I got some MPGs back and some quietness but what a sally this thing looks like with no rack!

I always say, "never sacrifice looking good for comfort!" I can't wait to get all my stuff back on the truck! In this case, I love the noise even more!

:smiley_drive:

no-pistons

Adventurer
I recently got the Rhino Rack for my LR3. It definitely looks cool but I am not entirely happy with it. For such an expensive rack, its disappointing that it does not come with stainless steel hardware. Hardware was actually pretty low quality. I'm also not to impressed that the corners of the rack are plastic. The rack also makes a lot of wind noise, so it's pretty lame that they do not offer a wind fairing/deflector for it.

What I do like about the rack is that it is very low profile and adds very little height to the vehicle.

lr31.jpg

lr32.JPG

Last edited:

aek50

Adventurer
Anyone with experience with the Eezi-Awn K9? Sounds like a nice alternative to the Frontrunner

NYCRover

Observer
Anyone with experience with the Eezi-Awn K9? Sounds like a nice alternative to the Frontrunner

Great rack system and very sturdy (had one on my G at one point), but honestly I think it looks like crap on a stepped roof- Overland Journal LR4 had a K9 I think.

I recently got the Rhino Rack for my LR3. It definitely looks cool but I am not entirely happy with it. For such an expensive rack, its disappointing that it does not come with stainless steel hardware. Hardware was actually pretty low quality. I'm also not to impressed that the corners of the rack are plastic. The rack also makes a lot of wind noise, so it's pretty lame that they do not offer a wind fairing/deflector for it.

What I do like about the rack is that it is very low profile and adds very little height to the vehicle.
That's a good looking rack. I agree, I was actually pissed off when my FR rack showed up with non-stainless hardware. I just broke my rack down for shipping and will install the rest of my stainless hardware in areas that needed it.

I'm not sure I would mind the plastic corners if they were durable poly! My FR aluminum ones are corroding something fierce and I know I'm not the only one having this problem. The rest of the rack is in great shape minus some rust stains were there was grade 8 hardware and not stainless. When I build my aluminum front bumper, I'm planning on sending my rack with it to get media blast and new powdercoat.

On a side note, I like how low profile your rack is. I can bet where a lot of that wind noise is coming from and its the lightening holes on the upright mounts. Looks cool, serves a purpose but just makes a lot of wind noise. Wind deflectors help a bit, but not much to be honest; I assume you might mean the fairing up front as my deflector is on the bottom above the moonroof. I will take my FR one off when I put it back on because I do not think it serves much use and takes up space were I want to put stuff under the rack in the future. Like a table or maybe solar panel storage.

Campndad

Essayons!!
2570405eb57cd602ed71ff18b09c5305.jpg

I finally have the new rack headed my way. Voyager made a few mods to help this fit with my prospeed ladder. This is a low profile Offroad challenge with mesh flooring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campndad

Essayons!!
Really like the voyager rack! Will it fit with an oem ladder?

They build to order so I worked with them to make sure it will work with a prospeed ladder. I am sure they can customize it to ensure it fits.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I had a voyager, and now a front runner on my LR3. I noticed not long ago the Gobi has a rack for the LR4. I had a Gobi on my JK a few years ago. I loved everything about that rack.

I finally have the new rack headed my way. Voyager made a few mods to help this fit with my prospeed ladder. This is a low profile Offroad challenge with mesh flooring

That's a nice looking rack! I am assuming the step up was for the moonroof to open without clearance issues?

So Voyager made a custom rack for you? Can I ask what that ran you in "dead presidents" and how is the weight factor as I am assuming it is steel?

Can't wait to see it on the rig.

Campndad

Essayons!!
That's a nice looking rack! I am assuming the step up was for the moonroof to open without clearance issues?

So Voyager made a custom rack for you? Can I ask what that ran you in "dead presidents" and how is the weight factor as I am assuming it is steel?

Can't wait to see it on the rig.

That is correct on the step up. It will open.

Voyager has several configurations that you can find on their website.
I chose a low profile Offroad challenge which has high lift, shovel and axe mounts, 4 Líght mounts on front (or you can set up for led bar) and 2 rear light mounts. that was 1099 plus the mesh for 399 plus shipping. The neat part is you can make nominal changes that you may want with them and they are very accommodating. They make it and ship it in less than 2 weeks to your door.
That was my frustration with some of the other racks that have been mentioned in the thread no idea on any timeframe with ones I contacted.
When I get back this week and put it on I will add more pictures.
Next stop 4 front and 2 rear lights. The. I believe I will give their hidden winch mount a try with a warn 10s and possibly some rock sliders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles