Thread: COOPER DISCOVERER GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Brian McVickers is offline Expedition Portal Team
    Sponsoring Vendor
    Administrator

Default COOPER DISCOVERER GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Hi Everyone.
    Thank you all very much for your participation and enthusiasm during the Cooper Discoverer Writing Contest.
    It inspired a lot of people to get out and explore, and we had some great stories come out of it.

We are excited to announce that ExPo member Haolepinoy is the Grand Prize Winner with his story submission "Middle-earth by Montero...with Four Kids"

Haolepinoy has won:
    - A set of five Cooper tires
    - A full experience pass for two to the Overland Expo East held at the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina October 7-9
    - Travel expenses paid to get them to the event

Congratulations to Haolepinoy and his family, it looks like they had a lot of fun creating their adventure!

Regards,
    Brian
    2000 Toyota 4Runner : 1997 Jeep Wrangler : 1988 Honda NX650 : 2005 KTM 950Adv
    www.overlandinternational.com [/I][/B] : [B][U][I][COLOR="SlateGray"]

Middle of Nowhere, Outer Skin of Space Ship Earth, 1 A.U. from Sol, Outskirts of Milky Way.
    Cheers!

Awesome!

Talking No. Freaking. WAY!!!

... ... ...There is no emoji to rightly express our excitement over this! Thank you so much to anyone that enjoyed this, and a special thanks to all those others whose pictures and stories inspired us to venture out ourselves. So freaking blessed. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Expo...gonna be the best wedding anniversary yet.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee - big plans with little time means it's in a thousand pieces

2003 Mitsu Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart

Ha! I knew it!
    Congrats, dude!
    Well done, Frodo, well done.

Big thanks to Cooper Tire, Brian/Scott, and everybody that pecked away at a keyboard to light our fires of imagination.
    Safety fast,
    Bill

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king
    And a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything"
    Bruce Springstein

HAM General licensee

Brian McVickers is offline Expedition Portal Team
    Sponsoring Vendor
    Administrator
    Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and congratulations to Haolepinoy.

It was great reading through all the stories and fun to have Cooper Tire corporate make the final selection.

Well done everyone!

Brian
    2000 Toyota 4Runner : 1997 Jeep Wrangler : 1988 Honda NX650 : 2005 KTM 950Adv
    www.overlandinternational.com [/I][/B] : [B][U][I][COLOR="SlateGray"]

congrats and well deserved! thanks for inspiring me with great ideas for a child enhanced road trip (S)!!! great writing please keep updating!
    1999 land rover discovery 2 sold
    1995 land rover discovery 1 sold
    2009 Subaru outback 2.5i
    1998 land rover discovery 1 modified tastefully!
    2014 MOTL
    2014 VOT
    2014 NEOLR
    2016 MOTL

Quote Originally Posted by VTlandrover View Post
    congrats and well deserved! thanks for inspiring me with great ideas for a child enhanced road trip (S)!!! great writing please keep updating!
    Thank you so much.

And we'll absolutely keep updating the story as it happens (looks like late October will be the next big chapter...God willing). I've found that writing about the adventures is just as much fun for me as the adventures themselves.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee - big plans with little time means it's in a thousand pieces

2003 Mitsu Montero Limited - being repaired slightly faster than it's falling apart