100 Series Roof Rack Brackets

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
For those who question the weight carrying capabilities of the factory roof rail attachment. This rack is mounted with a full length rails and it has 2800lbs of drywall loaded on it. Gotta love Home Depot

Attachments

• landcruiserdrywall.JPG
    landcruiserdrywall.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 77

altaboy

Observer
Holy house building, batman!

That just can't be safe (braking, stearing, etc.).

I've seen reference (this forum i'm thinking) to hold all roof born weight to <150# with 100# or less best. That is what I am running with.

But good to know that there is a huge factor of safety there.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Holy house building, batman!

That just can't be safe (braking, stearing, etc.).

I've seen reference (this forum i'm thinking) to hold all roof born weight to <150# with 100# or less best. That is what I am running with.

But good to know that there is a huge factor of safety there.

Dont believe the 150# limit on the factory rack. I ran a RTT on the factory rack for years never an issues

Attachments

• 8-22-08 091 (Medium).jpg
    8-22-08 091 (Medium).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 43

cruzerDave

Observer
I bought mine from Trail Tailor, 6 for $125 - great deal & great guy.

And as I just ordered a rack from Gamiviti (the KISS Drawers are taking all my bandwidth these days, so building my own rack design is off the table) I'll sell you mine, same price as I bought'em - if interested email me at landsharkoutfitters aht geemail

WedgeH-1

64cb4bec125f019ae0ba5cfee198d6ac.jpg

Another thumbs up for Gamiviti mounts. 6 feet used to mount up my frontrunner slimline rack.

62e911f5bb512608b0f53f6672579b58.jpg

1999 Land Cruiser

I know this is an old tread but I was hoping you could tell me what size front runner tray you have in this picture? I have an old tray from them that is 2166x1494 and was wondering if I could use these mounts as well.

nasko

Adventurer
I ran a six foot stick of 1X1 angle iron down the roof channel, bolted it down in all six spots and used this as the base. Once you have that your options are open. I'll try and get better pictures later.

Jim

View attachment 364210

Hi, I know it is old, but was wondering if you could post a close up photo of your set up? Cheers

Anyone use a gamiviti or similar tower with aluminum tubing from 80/20 inc

Think I’m going to try it
I don’t need a $1000 rack to hold my tent and awning just some sturdy rails

Same rails CBI Offroad uses on their Prinsu Racks FYI

nasko

Adventurer
Anyone use a gamiviti or similar tower with aluminum tubing from 80/20 inc

Think I’m going to try it
I don’t need a $1000 rack to hold my tent and awning just some sturdy rails

Same rails CBI Offroad uses on their Prinsu Racks FYI

That is exactly what I made for my LX470. They held up really well last year on month long trip with my Maggiolina tent. Not sure if I got photos of it, but yeah, your idea works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles