Convert M100 bolt pattern to match my 2005 Jeep TJ Rubicon

Rocky92585

I saw comments about converting a trailer hub on a jeep trailer to a Toyota bolt pattern. My question is about the thread "found a bantam M100 trailer" and hakalugi posted a comment and I wanted to know if his/her trailer is a Canadian M101 and if he/she was able to get a hub and drum to use with the parking system at etrailer.com? If the trailer is the M101 how does it differ from the M100 axle? diameter?

I am attempting the same for my 2005 Jeep tj Rubicon with a 1946 T3-C that I will be putting a M100 parking brake and axle on. Any help would be great.

tarditi

Explorer
I wouldn't buy a new hub without pulling the old one and getting the measurements & spline counts - otherwise you're just making an assumption. I found this out the hard way with hub bearings and seals from a crossover list I found online.

You can get new hubs or a spacer adapter for the bolt pattern to the new one.

I was in your boat not too long ago - decided that it wasn't worth it to me and just got CJ5 bolt pattern wheels and 31x10.50 tires.... in hindsight, if I got matching wheels and tires the trailer would be way too pitched forward. It's already pitched a bit because the lunette on the M100 is on top, whereas the M417 has top and bottom mounts for the lunette.
That was my thought process, anyway.

Rocky92585

I wouldn't buy a new hub without pulling the old one and getting the measurements & spline counts - otherwise you're just making an assumption. I found this out the hard way with hub bearings and seals from a crossover list I found online.

You can get new hubs or a spacer adapter for the bolt pattern to the new one.

I was in your boat not too long ago - decided that it wasn't worth it to me and just got CJ5 bolt pattern wheels and 31x10.50 tires.... in hindsight, if I got matching wheels and tires the trailer would be way too pitched forward. It's already pitched a bit because the lunette on the M100 is on top, whereas the M417 has top and bottom mounts for the lunette.
That was my thought process, anyway.

Thanks, I forgot to mention I upgraded the lunette to a M416 which gives me the option to raise or lower the front of the trailer. I contacted etrailer.com and waiting to here from them.

LMOZ

I ended up scoring a set of 4 Alcoa 5" x 5.5" on Craigslist for 100 bucks for my M100. I really like the parking brake handle when I disconnect but I have a 95 YJ with a 5" x 4.5". I don't like the idea of wheel spacers but I have one attached to the trailer spare and have that attached to my jeep swing out tire carrier. Works perfect for the trailer but I must use the tire with a spacer on the jeep. It will get me out of a jam but it not bullet proof. I was trying to minimize extra weight so carrying two spares is not an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier