Would you consider mounting a FWC Grandby Flatbed on an AT flatbed trailer?

Considering a Conqueror NA trailer but someone mentioned to me the possibility of mounting a Grandby on a trailer. Probably $15k - $20k less.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STREGA

Explorer
I have, in fact I wanted to mount a Hawk on a AT flatbed trailer. IIRC AT brought such setup to Overland Expo a couple years ago.

fireball

Explorer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472948158.161507.jpg

Here is our Hawk on an AT flatbed. A grandby would fit too. We love it!

A flatbed FWC won't fit on the AT trailer but I'm sure you can easily find a trailer it will fit on.

Thanks! Looks good, that's what I need to see:). Do you have any additional pictures? Maybe from the side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rando

Explorer
It seems that this may be an expensive way to go compared to purchasing a purpose designed camping trailer. The FWC flatbeds are not really available on the used market, and the true cost for a reasonably outfitted one is > $30K plus the cost of the trailer. If you are going to mount on on a trailer, getting a larger drop in pop up (which can be found used) and adding storage boxes around the sides (like fireball did) would likely be a more affordable and space efficient option. Are there other off road capable camping trailers available?

fireball

Explorer
The flatbed FWC are bigger and nicer but also weigh more and are much more expensive!

I got a good deal on both the trailer and the camper used a few years old but both in great shape.

The beauty of the FWC is that it is so quick and easy to setup. We can be parked and ready to go to sleep in 2' time. The full setup including disconnecting the trailer opening the kitchen and the awning is under 15'.

Here are a few side shots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473011957.456032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473012003.065992.jpg

Bill Barlow

M101A3 Trailer with Skamper 60S camper

I Installed a Skamper 60S on a M101A3 trailer, (see picture). I've done a couple of camping trips and one off road trip to
baja. It's been a great camper. It takes 15 mins to setup and take down. when not in use it fits in the driveway with room to spare.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior