Hiker / Lead Dog Trailer Owners Post Up

Capercrew02

Observer
Finally picked up my trailer a few weeks ago and completed my maiden trip! Couldn't be happier with these great little trailers!

Last edited:

Capercrew02

Observer
Ratled, it's a highly optioned delux 5x10. Running spring over axle instead of under, with 265/70/17 tires. And for those tires I needed to change from standard to oversized fenders also. They have a new midrange option that comes with a softer torsen style axle. I just chose the delux because I'm planning to do a long leaf pack with shocks like the off-road uses. If you never plan to go that route, the mid range should ride smoother over unpaved roads I've been told. Mine even loaded was still a bit bouncy if I picked up the pace at all on dirt.

ratled

Adventurer
Ratled, it's a highly optioned delux 5x10. Running spring over axle instead of under, with 265/70/17 tires. And for those tires I needed to change from standard to oversized fenders also. They have a new midrange option that comes with a softer torsen style axle. I just chose the delux because I'm planning to do a long leaf pack with shocks like the off-road uses. If you never plan to go that route, the mid range should ride smoother over unpaved roads I've been told. Mine even loaded was still a bit bouncy if I picked up the pace at all on dirt.
Thanks for the info

ratled

Capercrew02

Observer
Fireman I haven't weighed mine loaded, but even dry it was at 900. So figure 180# for full water tank, 150-200# in gear and tongue box that I added. Maybe 50 or so for the awning, and I should still easily be under 1450# fully loaded on a heavy 5x10. I do plan to get it weighed though this next trip or so. I know my tongue weight is barely at or under 100#. I know I don't feel it behind my jeep at all.

Looking forward to this summer! Here's our 5x9 Offroad. Will get some more pics of it out in the wild soon.

IMG_20170323_074704.jpg

IMG_20170323_074716.jpg

ratled

Adventurer
dana, any chance I can talk you into a walk around video? If possible can you include a shot of the undercarriage?

TIA

ratled

Enfield

What are the specific differences between the basic and off-road versions? Is it feasible to add a lift to the basic camper and have a trailer capable of handling mild offroading (beaches and fire roads)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne