Hiker / Lead Dog Trailer Owners Post Up

panoel

We are considering the 5x10 mid range because I want more space for storage. We travel across the US but don’t do severe off road traveling. Do you have pictures of your trailer?

Eugene15

Adventurer
White Rim Trail

Hi everyone.
We are excited about getting our new 5x8 extreme Hiker this February, and wondering if anyone has taken theirs on the White Rim Trail?

mezcalfud

I don`t recall all of what i ordered but Randy let me know it arrived and i am picking it up in Havasu next weekend! Super excited.

mezcalfud

I have my Hiker- it's name is now Gary (my kids said it looks like the snail from SpongeBob). We have been so busy that i am now just starting to do some work on it. Awning went up, carpet and mattress went in...
The only thing that has me stooped at this time is a spare tire mount for the front that my FJ door will clear. They have one at $150 and I believe it is a weld on?

ratled

Adventurer
How about some pictures so we can see what you are talking about??? (<---- actually that's just a shameless attempt to get you to show us some pictures of Gary)

ratled

mezcalfud

Sadly, I haven't taken a photo yet. Randy did? Just got it registered and will be going camping in a few weeks so we'll get a few then. Kids will be in the tent!
Cool trailer and easy to tow behind the FJ.

mezcalfud

Installed the awning and had to do some cleaning and work on the inside- a lot of excess glue/silicone on the wood, sharp edges, and sharp screw heads.

56244974424__8EAB35E0-0F5F-43B4-8F2A-73A2A996C4DC.JPG

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Installed the awning and had to do some cleaning and work on the inside- a lot of excess glue/silicone on the wood, sharp edges, and sharp screw heads.
Thanks for the pics & feedback. I was hoping not to hear that about the inside workmanship. Sounds like they're whipping these out asap without a valid QC inspection. Not good news. How is the outside quality? I hope I'm wrong! Main reason I want to go with a "company built" trailer is their experience & quality. I want it rugged, snug and sealed tight to keep dust out on off-road trails. Otherwise, I might as well build it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94