Two days late.....Two dollars short

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Well I pulled orfice tube and it was full of metal. Soo the compressor must have seized and blew metal through the whole system which is why they removed it.

So I guess I am going to flush the Evap core and lines and replace everything else. This should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philos

Explorer
Well I pulled orfice tube and it was full of metal. Soo the compressor must have seized and blew metal through the whole system which is why they removed it.

So I guess I am going to flush the Evap core and lines and replace everything else. This should be interesting.

Mine did the same thing, ended up replacing it all twice when the replacement compressor tanked after 2 months... It's cold now!

djbonsu

Adventurer
Mine did the same thing, ended up replacing it all twice when the replacement compressor tanked after 2 months... It's cold now!

Ouch! I hope a warranty was in there somewhere. Mine went out while on family vacay and I had no choice but to take it to Ford...sigh. Expensive but I got a 3 yr parts and labor warranty out of it.

Jsweezy

Explorer
It's funny you guys are having compressor issues. I had my AC go out and had a new compressor go in, sure enough a month later it blows so I got everything pulled and replaced and now it's perfect but water drips from it like crazy. The front and back.

philos

Explorer
I made the mistake of buying a cheapo compressor on the first replacement. Do it right and you'll only have to do it once was my lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lockedwheels

Adventurer
I am gonna take your advice and buy a good compressor. Any other tips/advice???

Started to tear it apart today.

4x4pair

Adventurer
Hurry up and fix the death wobble in that thing so we can do some wheeling!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I recently got the A/C on mine working. Make sure the compressor has the correct amount of oil in it. Also replace the bearings in the idlers and tensioner if they are at all questionable ($6-7 each) and easy to replace.

I also had to replace the clutch fan t have enough air flow. And then the water pump and rad hoses... it gets pricy.

philos

Explorer
Just make sure the lines etc are REALLY clean inside and you'll be good.
+1 on the idler bearings, etc. the bearings are a standard size, and can be swapped out cheap without having to buy new tensioners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94