Two days late.....Two dollars short

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Alright so I bought this ambulance. Haha!

Soooo first I wanted to get rid of the light bar.
Before:

After:

Then I had to get rid of the two front seats one was ripped and had duct tape all over it you can see the shirt I threw on top of it because it was sticky.

Before:

After

Started prepping the floor for its new and improved look. Whatever these were they sucked to get out.

This was what was under them. Each one took me like 30 min to get out.

Floor stripped.

Mocked up the couch

That turns into a bed

Wanted to see what the floor was gonna look like

Removed the metal plate that the stretcher slides on???. Huge PITA

Started adding the sub-floor

And patching

My buddy did the first one of those. Lol. I decided to do the second.

Got this brush guard yesterday. Smoking deal! $50

I guess I forgot to mention earlier that I swapped out the two back windows with pop out windows and 1 of the two side windows with pop outs.

Flooring goes in today!

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
That is one nice lookin rig there. What year? How big of a PITA was it to strip the back out. I'm trying to find a 1999 to 2003 type 2 to turn into a moto hauler and solo sleeper. Gonna gut the rear cabin completely and put the bikes back there and use the middle section as the seating and sleeping area.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
That is one nice lookin rig there. What year? How big of a PITA was it to strip the back out. I'm trying to find a 1999 to 2003 type 2 to turn into a moto hauler and solo sleeper. Gonna gut the rear cabin completely and put the bikes back there and use the middle section as the seating and sleeping area.

Thanks!! It was already stripped when I got it. All I had to do was get the flooring out. It's a 1996. I'm all sorts of excited to see what this thing turns into!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
What was the donor vehicle for the front seats? Are you happy with them? Hassle?

Cjken... You beat me... :D

lockedwheels

Adventurer
They are from a 2001 econoline. The passenger side was direct bolt in. Drivers side I had to combine old hardware with new hardware to get it to fit. They are nice and comfy especially with the dual arm rests. Not bad for $100 a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FDM2012

Adventurer
LKQ is awesome for finding good deals on stuff. I wish they had a frequent flyer program.... LOL

Your build is looking great so far! Keep going!

Corneilius

Adventurer
Dual armests are the bomb. I had to do a bunch of fab to get mine to work. Were they mid row seats? Conversion van?

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Dual armests are the bomb. I had to do a bunch of fab to get mine to work. Were they mid row seats? Conversion van?

I have no idea what they were in. I found them on craigslist and the title just said 2001 ford van seats. I removed my passenger seat before i went to check them out and when i got there took some measurements. They came on quick disconnect pedestals too. I'm not using them though.

djbonsu

Adventurer
Great find and build! Those seats look to be middle
row Chateau seats which makes sense if they came with the quick release bases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz