Christmas Valley, Oregon Military Plane Wreck

Johnnny13

Observer
I got a new truck so I headed out to BLM land to finally locate the 1973 A6 plane crash. It took me a good amount of time on Google Earth to locate and plan a path to the wreckage. I mistakenly took the tougher route up the side of a mountain. I was impressed that my dog made it. He often found the best paths up the rocks. We also stopped by the "crack in the ground". Apparently he is good at rock climbing as well.IMG_4494.JPG IMG_4502.jpg IMG_4391.JPG IMG_4384.JPG IMG_4400.JPG IMG_4404.JPG

Johnnny13

Observer
I'm not sure why these are turning out side ways. Maybe someone can school me up on this. Here are the photos from "crack in the ground".
IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4328.JPG IMG_4497.jpg

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
that's really cool!

My kids would love that. It's an honest-to-dog treasure hunt with an actual military jet where x marks the spot! Awesome.

Toyo4x4

Awesome!

My Pops and I ran out there a couple years ago and found it. It is pretty awesome how well preserved everything was. Hope you enjoyed you time out in the dessert! My next goal is to find the other plane that is out there.

the kid

Juke Box Hero
Have you found the p38? Looks like you came in from Burma rd, yeah that hike is a kick in the ***, Google's got many a person thinking that's the best way in... But there is a road that comes in from the far side of the crash. -just take the Christmas Valley road a little further and when it turns se you go about a mile to 1.25 and it's a dirt road that turns s. Take that and fallow it out through a few fences and you will end up there. The last bit of the road is super steep and you will need 4wd but most of the parking is at the base of the hill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles