Overland Adventures - the journey to a new life

45Kevin

Adventurer
Very nice choice for your direction in life.
I just got turned onto this thread from MUD, where I enjoyed watching your build threads.
Safe travels, and maybe well meet up when I do the same in a few years. Albeit, I'm at the other end of the spectrum, age wise.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I am getting ready to turn around and head back to the states! I have been in Panama a month come this weekend. Right now I am sitting in a friends house I have rent by the sea looking out at another storm blowing in as the sun sets. The rainy season seems to have begun here two weeks ago, it rains almost everyday but that is making everything green and lush.

I been on the road almost four months and it will be almost five once I reach my destination in the states. When I started out I had dreams, desires, goals and I didn't want to go back. However I have been fluid and gone with the flow as well as spent much time thinking and researching. I have found my path and I am going back to the USA for a very specific purpose. I am starting a new life! I will get into that more when I have a solid wifi connection, right now I am on my phone.

I also have tons upon tons of video and pictures I have not shared. I am still working on three video productions that I will upload when I am ready.

It has been an incredible journey and adventure and it is not over yet!! Again, when the time is right I will share much more.

Cheers

Driven To Wander

Adventurer
Wow. you travelled fast.

I was checking your location to see you guys are close to us. We are still in Mexico. We will cross to Belize in 10 days. May be we will bump into each other on your way back to USA. Enjoy your travels....

Okan, Donna & Indigo

Wow. I haven't checked your thread in a while. You already passed us and are about to turn around and pass us again!
Last time I looked I think you were in Baja and we were in Nicaragua. Now you are in Panama and we've barely made it to Costa Rica. haha
All the way back to USA in a month? Be careful on those long drive days. and good luck with your future plans.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Reviving this thread because I finally have some videos I am putting together and will be posting.

The Baja video production is nearly done, just trying to work out the music.

With well over 1,000 video files it is definitely taking some effort to put these together. My laptop was not cooperating in the past while working on these but it seems to be as of late so I have been working on these videos trying to finish up some productions from the trip.

Here is a couple videos I have uploaded to youtube.

Remote camp in Baja

100-series by drone

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Well here it is, part one of the three part series I am doing on the trip. Obviously this is Baja!

Overland Adventures does Baja!!

My laptop has really been cooperating lately to finish this up. I also decided not to spend to much time being OCD with the music or the video in general.

I hope you enjoy it!!

Cheers

RND1

Observer
Great videos Ian! Glad to see this thread back alive again. How's the Land Cruiser biz working out so far? Let me know if you need a New England distributor? Lots of money people up here looking for rust free rigs :)

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Great videos Ian! Glad to see this thread back alive again. How's the Land Cruiser biz working out so far? Let me know if you need a New England distributor? Lots of money people up here looking for rust free rigs :)

I have a good rust free 70-series for sale right now. Well sorted, completely gone through and re-furbished. All work performed on it by me and it is a lot. I sold a 1984 HJ47 pickup back at the first of the year but am now looking to unload my personal DD 70-series. I got other irons in the fire!

Cheers and thanks for the positive vibes! If my laptop would cooperate I will have some more videos soon. Way over 1,000 video files from this trip! All has been well with the laptop and production the last few weeks until today and now it is really upset. Seventy files loaded into the video production software and heavy into the editing but now it just is mad and won't cooperate. I think I need a better laptop!

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke