2016 trucks: Ram 2500 or GMC 2500?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Look under any newer GM diesel, just behind the passenger side front tire. Looks like it hangs about 6" off the ground......

Its basically the same height as the frame rails. It looks bad, but I've never seen a picture of "crap I ripped my def tank of my chevy" either. The ram is in the center front of truck bed tucked way up in top of frame.

Rax

You can get armor plating for the tank from a couple aftermarket comanies, but it still looks awkward hanging there.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
UPDATE!

After searching for MONTHS... I finally found a 2017 Ram 3500 Laramie with BENCH front set, Auto Level suspension, crew cab, SRW, standard bed, 4x4, Cummins, in Caldwell, Idaho. So my wife and I flew up from San Diego and we picked it up TODAY! FOR AN AMAZING PRICE!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raq3tfwf1yyxizg/IMG_5443-1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kptshn73wf59qcj/IMG_5444-1.jpg?dl=0

We are pushing to Vegas tomorrow and then to San Diego.

AND THEN... shopping for a slide in camper :D

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Congrats on the truck. Dennis Dillon Dodge was awesome to work with when I bought my truck. It was more than worth the 600 mile drive for me!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Congrats on the new truck! It looks great. Shortbed though? I'm oldschool enough that a "standard" bed is 8' since 95% of fullsize trucks came with an 8' bed and a "regular" or single cab when I was growing up. I guess the majority these days buy a shortbed crew/quadcab and use them more as a car with a bed.

t92024

I got the 6' bed because of the crew cab wheel base. I didn't want to be too long since the purpose of the truck is towing and off road driving. I also have a GMC k2500 regular cab 8' bed that I use for most of my hauling/dirty work.

js9234

Observer
I couldn't open up your links you attached to your purchased truck. Did you get the Aisin or 68RFE? Are you gonna put bigger tires on it? I run 295/70/18(34X12) on factory rims(assuming you have 18's and not 20's) and are load range E. That size tire should've came factory. If you go to a bigger tire I would highly recommend Nitto or Toyo. I personally have Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 2014 Ram 3500 CC 4X4. Have over 40K miles on them with plenty left to go and quite a bit of towing a 10K trailer with them. Can't go wrong either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior