Overland Explorer Composite Off Road Trailer

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the comments guys!

Every tube is laser cut so the fit is incredibly accurate and complex joints are easy, it reduces build time and a technology that lets us produce a high quality product much quicker. If you look close at the pic of the rear of the frame below (look through the inner tail light hole) you will see a hole and a couple slots with tabs, the holes are cnc cut for wiring access and a grommet will protect the harness inside the tube, the slot/tabs are the components that align and lock the tubes together, eliminates "forgotten holes", tape measures, "I thought", "I forgot", drills, bits, misalignment, etc. It's a very high initial QC step that pays off in the end. The body was assembled in a different building and dropped onto the chassis perfectly square, with perfect tolerances.

Here the frame is fresh out of the powder coating oven, carbon black over a high zinc primer ensures a long lasting finish, 3500 pound Timbren axle less suspension with electric brakes (all of our trailers will come standard with brakes), a little overkill but in the right place, 35x12.50-17's, and the body gets bonded down. 24" ground clearance, 76" overall height.

View attachment 366943

View attachment 366944

View attachment 366945

View attachment 366946

View attachment 366947

This looks so good! We love it!

jwiereng

I want a dishwasher! Just kidding. IMHO that is not the best choice for a fridge. All of the cold air goes poof every time you open it up. Great design for your trailer though. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Air does not hold much energy, a quick open and close on that style fridge is minor compared to the thermal mass of the goods inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier