Overland Explorer Composite Off Road Trailer

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
Just to clear up some confusion from pm's we have received; this is a Dometic Marine fridge/freezer NOT a dishwasher ! :26_7_2:

20160923_153951_resized-L.jpg

1Louder

Explorer
I want a dishwasher! Just kidding. IMHO that is not the best choice for a fridge. All of the cold air goes poof every time you open it up. Great design for your trailer though. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
And the question has popped up more than once for a full width body, so that leaves me wondering if we shouldn't do a design and build a "base camp" trailer. I'm not talking 30' rv style junk, but something long, tall, and wide enough to be comfy but short, narrow, and low enough to get a little ways off the beaten path and be easily pulled by 1/2 ton and under vehicles, Wrangler, Tacoma, etc. Any interest?

I'm definitely interested in this concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
More progress pics.. Unfortunately, the doors we received were not delivered as spec'd with windows so we will have to go with the ones we have. All part of finishing a prototype 1 day before we leave for the Expo in Pomona ! The all aluminum tub trailer looks great; we will have pics of it tomorrow.

20160926_184535_resized-L.jpg

20160926_184546_resized-L.jpg

20160926_184517_resized-L.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
No windows may be a blessing though, a couple of Seitz windows will fix that and might just be the way it gets built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke