2015 TE 4runner with new Old Man Emu BP 51's

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
Out with the old (Icon stage 1), in with the new (Old Man Emu BP 51 and SPC upper control). We wanted to be able to adjust the ride and the also wanted the benefits a reservoir offers. Some pics but don't mind the bald tires new ST Maxx's go on tomorrow.

Attachments

• P9130109.jpeg
    P9130109.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 116
  • P9130111.jpeg
    P9130111.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 112

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
Not yet between tires and the new fronts I have to wait a bit. About 3 months ago I did put in new springs from Old man emu to handle the weight of the gear better in the rear.

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
The new coil overs and new tires performed excellent, the combination really makes the 4runner excel even more than before. Pictures and the run report will be post on NW section. We coupled up with another local with a stock 4runner so I took plenty pictures of the rigs together to see the difference.

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
The ride is more responsive and the fact that you can adjust the rebound is nice. The whole reason this started was one of the Icon fronts started leaking after 100 miles of dirt and 20k on the road. Icon did a full rebuild of it, but basically said over the phone a rebuild is typical and lucky I was within the 1 year warranty. So the problem is that I am currently a one car family and can't take my rig down for a week or two while they rebuild so I decided to make the change then. I will be selling the stage one kit on the portal or CG.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
So what's OME doing that FOX/Icon/King/etc. don't, particularly in the front? They sure are proud of them to put them at roughly the same price point as the top tiers of those guys. I see on the rear shocks (I'm leaf sprung, so just shocks) look easily externally adjustable for compression and rebound. So that's cool. I'm very happy so far with my 2.5 IFP FOX set up but it's step down from this level being non-reservoir.

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
Stock vs Modified

P9250145.JPG

A buddy of mine and I went on a short trip over the weekend in the cascades, to test the new suspension. It performed great and the new tires really do make a great combination. Its also a good comparison for a stock rig and a modified rig. I plan to do a full trip report in the Northwest section of where we went and what we did.

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
I was told they can last a lot longer per the local shop and ARB tech. But it also depends on use and abuse of the springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles