Fluid monitoring

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Obviously, all of that data is available via the "OBD-II" port, but finding any commercial scan tool that can decipher the propriety Fusu data has definitely eluded me, and others too.
If someone with the suitable electronics skills were to analyse the ECU output data, I am sure an Arduino/Raspberry Pi interface could be developed to display suitable info to a TFT screen.
Alas, I am not that person, as much as I would like to be.

javajoe79

Fabricator
You could do it with an aftermarket dashboard like what is available from racepak and others. You would add sensors where needed to monitor what you want. The dashes are configurable to display tge info in any number of ways and some can log that info

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I think the intent is to display data that is already being fed to the ECU, not to add additional sensors, but maybe I am wrong.

gait

Explorer
I did plan trying to hack the data from ECU. Found other projects instead. The k-line from the ECU seems to be the useful bit.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Check in with pugsllyy....I sent him the MUTSIII system a while back, I think it is capable of doing the on the fly monitoring. I know the Xentry system can do it for newer trucks.

javajoe79

Fabricator
You mentioned monitoring in multiple locations. Does that truck have sensors in multiple locations for the same fluid? That's why I suggested the aftermarket dash. There are also multiple data logger options out there that could display info on a tablet. Look into the racing world for those.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Check in with pugsllyy....I sent him the MUTSIII system a while back, I think it is capable of doing the on the fly monitoring. I know the Xentry system can do it for newer trucks.

It can do it, the big issue is that there just aren't a lot of sensors to read - I guarantee that the sensor data available to you won't give you everything you want. I think it would be a simpler and less expensive solution to just do an aftermarket solution.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Thanks all, great info! I've converted to veggie oil so want to add sensors, the dream would be to tap into some of the Fuso sensors also but I know the odb2 thing has been a no go, so it would be at the sensor if that is even possible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Thanks all, great info! I've converted to veggie oil so want to add sensors, the dream would be to tap into some of the Fuso sensors also but I know the odb2 thing has been a no go, so it would be at the sensor if that is even possible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The issue with Fuso sensors is that those I have looked at don't seem to follow any sort of a standard.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I know with most automotive sensors, splitting their signal can cause issues with the computer not receiving the right signal. You will need to add sensors if you want to go tge aftermarket logger route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior