Center console storage

Switch

Observer
The center console of my 2006 Tacoma used to be a jumble of flashlights, sunglasses and other stuff. And I never seemed to have salt or a fork on hand because that stuff was packed up with the "kitchen box" in the back where I couldn't get at it easily. So I got to thinking and came up with this solution.

This shows sunglasses (top) and a deck of playing cards in a zip lock bag (far right) with everything else in 4 Plano 23500-00 Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers.
IMG_4714.jpg

Each box has it's function:

Toiletry kit
Comb, toothpaste, toothbrush, toothpicks, shampoo, soap, floss, bar soap, Q-tips™, eye drops, and ear plugs.
IMG_4730.jpg

Breakfast
Coffee (Starbucks Via), sugar, honey, jam, salt, pepper etc.
IMG_4728.jpg

Lunch
Salt, Pepper, Mayo, Mustard, Katsup,Tapatio, Parmesan cheese, Wine Opener, pocket knife, Utensils
IMG_4727.jpg

Some extra/misc stuff
Spare flashlight, various glues, zip ties, lighters, spare batteries, and croakies.
IMG_4725.jpg

Even with these storage boxes the center console of my Tacoma is still deep enough to stash cell phones, wallet and other stuff I need to get out of the way.

Last edited:

Dazrin

Adventurer
Nice. I may use that idea since I have a couple left over boxes from getting this bag and boxes a couple years ago.

The Cabela's "tackle utility bag with boxes" has 4 of these same boxes (Cabela's branded size 3500 by Plano per inside labeling) in it and is the same price or cheaper ($12 when I got it) than the Amazon link to just the 4 boxes. The bag is pretty well made too, so bonus bag!

rayra

Expedition Leader
Walmart also has a wide variety of sizes and styles of these, with the fishing gear. I use one for battery storage, and others for small gunsmithing parts. And others for small electrical parts which I use for a few hobbies. They're useful for a lot of other areas besides dining in your car.

batterystorage_zpsb079c434.jpg

RDK13

Observer
Great idea!!! I like the fact you can see trough the containers and know what's in them without having to open them, outstanding.

I use a Tuffy Lockbox center console in my JKU that I have lined it with Velcro. I hate having things roll around and having to search for things in there so I have everything from pockets, to hand sanitizer, even a holster Velcroed in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior