Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Photographer & Olympian Chase Adventure From Baja to the Arctic

Thanks for sharing. So epic.
    1997 Land Cruiser with 3 lockers

Just stunning. Thank you for sharing!
    Operator of silly British contraptions. User of celluloid. Consumer of bourbon. Drinker of wines. Listener of vinyl?

-1961 Series 2 88"

ig "unpersons"

Default Escalante back to San Diego

My friend Kristen of Barefoot Theory called with a photo gig in Escalante, so I headed that way, but not before enjoying a pit stop near Lake Elsinore to enjoy the amazing spring super bloom in Southern California.

Then I camped here by myself. It was my first foray into 4x4 roads by myself and I was pretty scared about breaking down in the middle of nowhere alone. That did not happen this time, but no worries, it does happen in the next section of my travels. So at least now I know how I will react to breaking down on backroads by myself.

We arrived in Escalante and shot most of our project in the first day. Here are some images from it...

After we finished most of the work we began to plan our adventures. We hit Spooky and Peek-A-Boo and then a 2 day backpacking trip through Coyote Gulch.

After saying goodbye to Kristen, I headed towards Vegas where I met a bunch of friends for a weekend of climbing during Red Rock Rendezvous. Did some fun multi pitch climbs, learned a lot, and after all that my mountain guide friend, Charlotte, rolled into town and we continued climbing for the next several days.

During this time a crazy wind storm rolled into town. We got down off a climb and it was looking dark to the west so we called it a day. We were sitting in her casita when it began to move due to the strength of the wind. I walked around the campsite afterward and it was a tent graveyard. The crazy winds persisted for two days so we headed to J Tree where we had to do some work, and then some more climbing.

After all the work and climbing Charlotte and I went to San Diego and LA to put on two sold out Adventure Storytelling workshops in partnership with A16.

Back in San Diego I did some work for REI and Kelty.

Up Next: I flew out to Providence, RI to visit Craig, and we spent almost no time in Providence because we were traveling with the college team Craig coaches. We did manage to surf 3 freezing cold east coast breaks while I was there. After that I went to Kansas for some family stuff, and then headed back to San Diego were I had plans to go to Havasupai and then go north. The ol' truck begins acting up in this section.
    In Progress Adventure: Photographer on the road from Baja to the Arctic
    Build Thread: '02 Suburban Z71 4x4, G80, custom sleeping platform+storage cabinets+lockbox drawer, 200w solar, 12v fridge, 1.5" rear coil spacer, 2.5" torsion key lift, Bilstein 5100s, 255/75r17 Cooper AT/3
    Instagram @katcarney

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for continuing to keep us up to date and inspired!
    Scenic City Overland
    2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara:
    35" GoodYear MTR Kevlars / 2.5" Rough Country Lift Kit / Warn Elite Front Bumper / 30 Inch LED Bar / Ace Eng Pro Rear Bumper & SwingAway / Uniden CB / Diablo Tuner (Tuned by RPM) / XRC Rock Sliders / 10k X2O Winch (Synthetic) / AEV 3.5 inch Springs in the garage
    Expo Trailer: Build Thread
    Tepui Autana Sky Tent / Custom Expo Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by kins18q View Post

Did you really sleep here?!

Quote Originally Posted by that-guy View Post
    Did you really sleep here?!
    Haha... definitely not. This image was shot for a project I worked on with Kelty.
    In Progress Adventure: Photographer on the road from Baja to the Arctic
    Build Thread: '02 Suburban Z71 4x4, G80, custom sleeping platform+storage cabinets+lockbox drawer, 200w solar, 12v fridge, 1.5" rear coil spacer, 2.5" torsion key lift, Bilstein 5100s, 255/75r17 Cooper AT/3
    Instagram @katcarney

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678