NoahGenda's 1997 T100 SR5 overland build.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

ARB fridge is in my shop now!

Also dropped the truck off at the welder-bros yesterday. Doing sliders and a rear bumper with swing out for propane and gas cans. Also doing a full cabover rear rack and front basket that will tie into the sliders. Kind of a exocage/roof rack combo without going full exo. Super stoked on it, hoping its done about mid January.

rickashay

Explorer
Super clean T100! Really good aesthetic style you have going on with it. Excited to see the rack or shall I say "overlandexo." lol Keep it up.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Got the rock sliders on today, these will be the base for attachment points of the party rack thats going cab over.

Super excited!
31716796096_cd1e81d978_c.jpg

30944432303_df01735706_c.jpg

Anyone have recommendations for propane tank holders for my rear swingout? I was going to use this one, but open to suggestions.

probably just going to weld up a custom basket for the jerry cans, but if anyone knows solid OTS ones I would be open to listening.

Great looking truck. It's coming along nicely. I'm driving a T100 through central america right now. Been going for six months and very happy with it as a platform for a build. If you are considering any other mods I would suggest building a low profile transmission cross member. Maybe do a skid plate tide into the front plate as well. I only mention it because it is a project i considered, but didn't do before my trip due to time restraints and I'm wishing I would have. I've drug that crossmember all over mexico and I'm not looking for challenging offroading, just trying to get to some remote locations down here.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
@traveling2gether good call! I have a skid plate being made right now for the front and I will talk to my drafter at work and see if we can draw up one for the crossmember as well!

NoahGenda

Adventurer
New mods

Got back from vacation and picked the truck up, completed phase 2 of the rack system.

Rear bumper and sliders are done and I couldnt be happier with them!

32099020231_0665367553_c.jpg

32099020541_23d692c75a_c.jpg

32099021201_9630c687ee_c.jpg

31841938470_239f69d34f_c.jpg

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Sliders and bumper look great!
I'm envious of your topper. Much more recreation friendly than a standard fiberglass topper.
Do you have a final weight number on the rear bumper?

NoahGenda

Adventurer
I love this topper! It took a while to find the perfect one but I am glad I waited.

No idea on the weight of the bumper. She's welded to the frame so I couldnt really weigh it individually. The goal s to get a new leafpack once I have everything done to restore factory ride height as I anticipate adding about another 4-500 pounds in gear and metal.

FJOE

Regular Dude
I love that front bumper, man. I have my T100 abroad with me, and I am thinking about having someone local fab something up. Right now I am just running Rigid Duallys bolted to the stock bumper. I'd be interested in something aluminum as I do not plan on running a winch. I found my T100 on a private seller's lot, and it was well taken care of. Its a '95 and I just hit 135k the other day.

Last edited:

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Thats awesome about the mileage, very envious of low mileage T100's.

Currently Im in a pickle. I am doing a rear swingout on the bumper and am trying to really lockdown what i put back there.

Ideas:
Storage box for straps, recovery gear and misc vehicle fluids (brake, oil, etc)
Jerry cans x2

I want to be able to open my canopy door without having to release the swingout every time, this limits me to about 17.5" of height.

Couple questions:
Mounting jerry cans on their side. The only way for me to do the two jerry cans is to mount them on their side. Any issue to this?
I could also do two rotopax and it would be much more low profile. Do rotopax have any real advantage over jerry cans? They are twice the cost and need to be vented quite often.

The storage box has me in a conundrum. I found one that is under 18" in height but I am concerned about the 16" depth. It really extends the footprint of the T100 and I am worried about just smashing it into things when parking. I do still, unfortunately, live in a city.

Any input or advice?

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Small update:

Got the rear bumper swingout planned and ready for action. Going to use a dual jerry can mount made by Frontrunner and an aluminum dry box made by FrontierPlay. Currently working on drafting up a tray for the dry box that will allow me to lock it up while i am away from the truck.

Got a new-to-me 2.5m Eezi-Awn awning today. The way that my windoors on the canopy are set up the awning needs to go on the passenger side, which is currently where my RTT opens to. Anyone run their RTT opening towards the back of the truck, thats the best situation for me as it means I can use it for protection from rain when cooking and accessing the back but it seems that the ladder may get in the way.

Any input?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier