NoahGenda's 1997 T100 SR5 overland build.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
So after having a Frontier forever and lamenting some of the issues i had with it (mainly the short bed) I finally pulled the trigger on a pretty cherry T100.

The day I brought it home:

29213810883_03185bf577_c.jpg

I immediately swapped on the wheels and tires from the Frontier as everything matched up and they only have about 3,000 miles on them. So this is how she sits now:

29839975155_944dcf4476_c.jpg

They are 265/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs mounted to some Black Rock steelies.

Got a bunch planned, so stay tuned. Hoping to get it dialed before a big trip come next spring.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
I'm in for always loving the T100s.

Wish I could find a cherry one in my area.

looks great as is bud. I look forward to seeing what you do to it and where it takes ya!

dman93

Adventurer
Nice rig. I sometimes miss my T100, which I replaced with a Tacoma 6 months ago. Different, not necessarily better in some ways.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Thanks guys! The outside wont change much, shes clean and a good looking rig.

I drew up some skidplates that I am getting fabbed now, then going to consult with a buddy on making a front bumper and some sliders for it.

biggest changes will be inside that canopy, prepping it to be sustainable for long trips.

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Couple updates, not too much happening because I have been pretty slammed with work.

Finally got around to swapping all the shocks out for some Pro-comps, and replaced sway bar bushing and end links for urethane. Jeez, what a difference that makes!

30081482230_8206760675_c.jpg

Today I got some free time to actually tackle the start of a project i have been meaning to do. Since its the rainy season again here in Portland I knew I needed to seal this canopy up, as it had pretty much no gaskets or seals around it. But before i did that I had to do some bed maintenance.

First I pulled out the plastic bed liner, hate those things! And went to fill the holes from the previous owners tool boxes and what appears to be mounts for a fifth wheel. Pulled out the trusty MIG welder and threw some scrap 16ga at it.

30081483640_06080c8ee4_c.jpg

Then I laid down my first coat of Rhinoliner. Hoping that between sealing the holes up and putting down a nice Bed liner I should be protected for a while. It also allowed me to fill a hole from a previous power supply that i think has been my culprit for where a mouse came into my bed and nibbled up some tortillas.

I have taken it out a few times recently, got a few shots. Also put the RTT back on as I tend to use it in Fall/Winter and backpack more in the summer.

30378634195_5cef148df6_c.jpg

29748077494_dc80eaf7c1_c.jpg

Now on to getting the canopy back on then starting the bed buildout!

NoahGenda

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

ToyotaRoamer, your build and some others on here were the inspiration to find a T100 I could call my own.

Got my second coat of Rhinoliner on today and hoping to put new gaskets and such on the canopy tomorrow and seal it all back up.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
I've been watching my local area for nice used T100s also. Love the simplicity.

Wife and I are trying to get our one debt down to the home, so eventually we might trade the Tacoma away.

I love the size and have been watching T100 builds like a hawk!

NoahGenda

Adventurer
A bunch has happened and I keep forgetting to update the thread.

Local welderbro made me a new front bumper and I threw on a new winch and some Hella Black magic lights.

Also got to get down to the Alvord Desert for Thanksgiving, it was amazing!

More welding to be done soon, ordered an ARB fridge and am beginning to build out the bed; very excited about where this truck is headed.

31190615770_e7f6b0b3ae_c.jpg

30753406523_36339ed077_c.jpg

30721646914_29931e1f0a_c.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Clean build. Always liked the t100 but no one ever sells them. Love the topper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne