F800gs

AZCPP

Adventurer
Placed my order for a new BMW F800GS this morning! I can't wait to get it! Unfortunatly I have to wait...grrrr.
Yellow/Black in color (same as pics), Comfort Package (heated grips and on-board computer), ABS, center stand.
2.jpg

3.jpg

tombkeeper

Observer
Those are sick bikes. I went to Irv Seaver BMW in Anaheim last week to talk about them. Supposedly the new F650's are the same engine just not bored out to 800.

If you don't mind me asking, what percentage of the selling price did they require to do a preorder/deposit?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I wanna see it too.....you should have it in time to play this winter...of course that depends on how far down the list you are. The list at Iron Horse is pretty long.....10+ people the last I saw it.

Andy G

Adventurer
tombkeeper said:
Those are sick bikes. I went to Irv Seaver BMW in Anaheim last week to talk about them. Supposedly the new F650's are the same engine just not bored out to 800.

If you don't mind me asking, what percentage of the selling price did they require to do a preorder/deposit?

Actually, I believe they are the EXACT same engine, but with a shorter stroke and have been de-tuned electronically.

I've got my eye on one, but I can still buy TWO new KLR650's for the cost of one new 800...but I DO love that moto...

AZCPP

Adventurer
tombkeeper said:

I ordered it at Sandia BMW in Albuquerque, NM. and he wouldn't let me put money on it. He said "I can sell it either way". My build date is early Sept. so, I'll see it around the first week or two of Oct. Unless someone before me on the list backs out then I can take theirs. All dealers are only getting one the first go-round. My buddy lucked out and put money down on a dealers first one just yesterday in Indiana.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Um....IIRC the new F800s are a Twin...the 650s are a single...maybe I've been staring at law too much today....

-H-

SaMingTRD

very nice, any idea when you will recieve it? I am patiently waiting for the adventure version to come out for this one...

1speed

Explorer
Very nice. That bike is on my short list, I plan to start shopping for a bike around October. Hopefully you can give some feedback by then.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Hltoppr said:
Um....IIRC the new F800s are a Twin...the 650s are a single...maybe I've been staring at law too much today....

-H-

To much staring, not enough riding. The "new" F-650GS will have the 800cc parallel twin, de-tuned to put out ~71hp. It will not share the suspension with the F800GS though (the 650 will retain the damping rod forks), and I'm not sure about the frame...

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sounds like a good way to somewhat complicate a perfectly good bike....I bet less vibes though...

-H-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior