Fuso Composite Camper - Under Construction

The Artisan

Adventurer
I told them what i wanted when I spec'd my panel. If you call foam manufactures they will sell it but the min are usually high. Now you see why composite panels are expensive. That Foamular 600 is close to what I have. Try Home Depot let them know its special order at prodesk.
Kevin

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
You are correct, FRP Skin designed for motorhomes + the correct foam cores are very expensive. You can't compare it to the materials used in traditional motorhomes or camping trailers. I'm currently in Europe and have met with our suppliers and high end Expo Truck builders. The difference to North American standards are huge! Wondering why manufacturers are still working with technology from 30 years ago....

A quick word on our pricing:
It is correct that we advertice with a US$9900 kit. Most conversations start around that number... After adding windows, doors, machining, internal structure and engineering we usually end up around the US$15.000 range. Not peanuts, but certainly a lot less than a fully build truck and therefore more duable for many people.

Now back to your build! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

The Artisan

Adventurer
Any updates on this?
No sorry have been busy with customer projects. I did design the bed couches tables etc. Just need to build them and install.
Although, I might sell it empty as I have a lifting roof design using a screw drive system that I want to build.
Kevin

Coachgeo

Explorer
^ Sounds like a plan, but keep things simple.

Having been a caregiver for my father, I discovered that a bag of Assurance Extra Large Pre-Moistened Disposable Washcloths from Walmart go a long way in keeping one clean and feeling fresh as a daisy.

There is also "No Rinse" body and hair wash products used by hospital's and NASA (also can be purchased at Wallmart or other Pharmacy). The concentrate Gallon of body wash will last you a year plus of everyday washing. Obviously a water saver but the big saver is no rinse is needed so it's wipe on wipe off like the moist towelets. Would not be suprised if the chemical makeup on baby/Adult wipes liquid content is essentially the same makeup. Daily wash once mixed works out to about couple ounces of water per wash.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Had to order a new shower pan as I did not acct for the depth of my first one, which crowded the door opening Did a quick setting of the pan in the space. Will have time to work on it in Jan.
Bathroom layout
Kevin

could you elaberate on the slide out bathroom and the tilt away bed and table please.

The Artisan

Adventurer
could you elaberate on the slide out bathroom and the tilt away bed and table please.
Only the composting toilet slides out into the entry. Think of a large drawer with a tall front.
As far as the bed goes not reinventing the wheel just using it in a tiny space. Murphy style bed that folds over my built in couches with a folding table in front
Kevin

The Artisan

Adventurer
There is also "No Rinse" body and hair wash products used by hospital's and NASA (also can be purchased at Wallmart or other Pharmacy). The concentrate Gallon of body wash will last you a year plus of everyday washing. Obviously a water saver but the big saver is no rinse is needed so it's wipe on wipe off like the moist towelets. Would not be suprised if the chemical makeup on baby/Adult wipes liquid content is essentially the same makeup. Daily wash once mixed works out to about couple ounces of water per wash.
Coach,
Depends how long one is out. Would be good to use that maybe a few days then take a nice hot shower then alternate. I am looking at a 42gall tank to catch sink and shower water. 20 gallon cold and a 20 gallon recirculating to my solar water heater (think how they heat pools, mini version). My wife is not really a camper and its been awhile since I have. I would like to use it for that purpose but it really will be great when we tailgate (40" can come off the wall and hang under an awning) or go to our friends lake house and all the guestrooms are taken.
Kevin

rruff

Explorer
My wife is not really a camper.

Oh no. You are going to need all the comforts of home then!

Maybe one of these. Has a hot tub and retractable helipad.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

The Artisan

Adventurer
Ha my buddy said the same thing. My pod will pretty nice and very clean in design.
Has all of this
8,000 BTU HVAC run by 2000 honda genset, 99amp AGM batteries, Queen bed, ample storage, 7' kitchen and counter space, 65l 12v/115 fridge, 7cu microwave, orgio 2 burner alcohol stove, 23" charcoal grill, 18" sink 40" LCD TV, Laminate Flooring, Hehr Windows, 36" x 68" shower bath area, 42 gallons of water and 7' x 6' open living space in sofa configuration, sofa is 6.6' x 30"s. I think we can survive..:)
Kevin

rruff

Explorer
That's pretty deluxe! But does she like being in the boonies?

My wife camped out with me full time for a couple years before she dragged me to civilization. It wasn't the lack of creature comforts and "stuff" that bothered her, but rather fear of being so far away from... noise? Other people? Help? Distractions? For me, being away from it all was the whole point.

Now she says she is ready to give it another go. I initially designed in a stove, running hot water, collapsible shower, fridge, porta potty, water tanks, propane tank, etc (all stuff I we didn't have before), because I figured she'd appreciate them. But she nixed them all ("why do we need that?") except the porta potti which will be used for emergencies only. And I am going to have solar and batteries for laptops, like before. Priorities! I should mention that we will be in decent climates all year. Sun showers work pretty well.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I think she could tough out the weekend. I told her I could find some RV parks on the beach if they let us in. If I got a newer truck it would be cool to drive across the country with the pod. My wife is a teacher so we travel quite a bit mostly fly, stay in hotels and resorts on the ocean. Would be cool if we could hang out by the beach and cook all our meals instead of eating out....
Do you have a pic of your old rig, would love to see it...
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier