Fuso Composite Camper - Under Construction

The Artisan

Adventurer
2" aluminum angle 1/8" is ready to be welded to make the door frame and support (cages)frames for the upper and lower cabinets. Paint for cages, thinking a med light blue to match the large map.
Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_20180226_095729_612.jpg
    IMG_20180226_095729_612.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

The Artisan

Adventurer
HC,
My toilet is composting and my tank sits in an insulated under storage box (mounted to the fuso frame) directly under the shower and kitchen sink. It's a reuse system with reverse osmosis and a 3 filter uv. Reuse for shower and sink only. Hot water will be constantly recircuilating through a solar water heater when the sun is out.
Kevin

Last edited:

LoupGarou

The Fuso is essentially a freight truck with two frame rails running the chassis length.

How do you plan to support the camper body on those frame rails?

How do you plan to support the floor?

Will the camper body mounting to the frame rails be the the customers responsibility?

18_df_frp.jpg

The Artisan

Adventurer
The Fuso is essentially a freight truck with two frame rails running the chassis length.

How do you plan to support the camper body on those frame rails?

How do you plan to support the floor?

Will the camper body mounting to the frame rails be the the customers responsibility?

View attachment 437161

They are designed to mount to a flatbed. Tube frame structures can be added to the pod to accommodate frame rail mounts, similar to the pic you posted.
Kevin

Last edited:

rruff

Explorer

That is normally the case when you buy a camper; the flatbed is a separate item. People use some kind of pivot or spring mount for Fusos because they flex quite a bit.

rruff

Explorer
Hey rruff how is your build going?

Slowwwwwly. I really should post progress though. I've got the floor and left side made, and am working on the right side. Wet layup is hard in the winter, and I've kinda stalled. But I have figured out a lot of what I plan to do. Oh, and I've bought 180 old (NOS) LiFePO4 cells to make a storage battery. That's a fun project.

As I recall we were talking about foam. I decided to use Foamular 250 and hope for the best. I also have some spare wood framing, every 4ft and where needed for hard points.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Modifying an old 200amp mig with a non working motor. Making it a dedicated alum spool gun mig for welding the alum cages for cabinets.
Kevin

Attachments

• 20180319_133403.jpg
    20180319_133403.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 88

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles