$200,000 vehicle budget

Joe917

Explorer
Awesome site and vehicles! Looks like great values but how much is the cost to get one over to the USA including all fees? Are the top speeds of those vehicles around 60 MPH?

I don't know the requirements for the US. To import to Canada it cost 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (provincial+federal), 6.1% duty(non NAFTA vehicle), Approx $7000 shipping, brokerage, etc.
(note trucks need to be 25years or older for US import, 15years Canada)
Forget speed. We have been driving North America for 2 years, 50mph cruise is plenty.

DzlToy

Explorer
25 years for US is correct and you will need to work with a Registered Importer (RI), a list of which can be found with your favourite search engine.

Trucks like that are not fast, even with larger tires and "fast" axles. They are military trucks or glorified farm implements, not an F-150 running 80-85 with the cruise control on.

Find someone who has the truck or trucks you are interested in, even if it requires a bit of travel or effort. You will learn A LOT from taking a test drive in a "non-convential" vehicle such as a Unimog, Pinzgauer, C303, classic firetruck or school bus made into an RV, etc.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Agreed, most of those options are slow... But there are plenty of people travelling the globe that don't think it's a problem. If you do a lot of mountain roads and highways then a big european diesel truck is not what you want.

MTAA

Adventurer
I don't know the requirements for the US. To import to Canada it cost 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (provincial+federal), 6.1% duty(non NAFTA vehicle), Approx $7000 shipping, brokerage, etc.
(note trucks need to be 25years or older for US import, 15years Canada)
Forget speed. We have been driving North America for 2 years, 50mph cruise is plenty.

Looks like a 25% tax on importing trucks into US!? That makes it not such a good deal anymore if that is indeed the case. (I was looking at the US & Customs Border site)

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Fire Truck? Here' s my friend Ron's MB 416 Mog Fuerewagon with highway gears and a referb'd 1972 Alaskan Camper.

I don't have a pic in the down position. Note the 5-step steps. He can go 60 mph. That's about it. However, he follows the hardcore jeeps wherever they go.
jefe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles