And yet another off road-ish camper build has begun.

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
Switched primers. Went with Rustoleum clean metal primer. Much happier with the coverage and grip to the sanded tubing.

Discovered a slight bow in the forward three cross tubes, as well as the two long side tubes near the axle mounts.

I guess the heating and cooling cycle during welding warped the frame. It is equal on both sides, so, Ill make it work.

IMG_0696.JPG

capnjackcanon

Observer
Definitely interested in seeing how this goes for you, I built my trailer last year, but I'm up for a new one when I get back to the states. I've got a pretty similar design in mind.

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
My Timbren system was supposed to ship today.

Got a very disappointing email from etrailer saying thier inventory was discovered to be off when they went to package my axles. And it could be two or more weeks before I get my parts.

Very upsetting. I cannot install the floor system because the axles have to be installed first. I cannot install walls or anything else until the floor is in...

Not happy with etrailer or Timbren right now...

Etrailer claims my axles will be on the truck November 4th.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Martyinco

Adventurer
My Timbren system was supposed to ship today.

Got a very disappointing email from etrailer saying thier inventory was discovered to be off when they went to package my axles. And it could be two or more weeks before I get my parts.

Very upsetting. I cannot install the floor system because the axles have to be installed first. I cannot install walls or anything else until the floor is in...

Not happy with etrailer or Timbren right now...

Etrailer claims my axles will be on the truck November 4th.

Fingers crossed.

It may be too late but I had exceptional service and fast shipping from SD Truck Springs http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/timbren-suspension-kits?zenid=64f0272cf31a2f8cf7a96714f64c4d1c

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
Frame all painted up and dry.

Floor frame glued and pocket screwed together. Tomorrow, Ill get the wood frame back off, put the sheet metal down and locate the frame where it needs to be and drill the screw and nut holes as well as pilot drill the self taping screws.

Then, drill for wire pulls, and cut insulation, and prep plywood floor for install.

I figured out I can get all this done even without the Timbren axles installed. I can drill the few bolt holes from below for those.

IMG_0725.JPG

Last edited:

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
Todays progress. No permanent attachments yet. Still have to seal the wood and run the wires and add the foam insulation.

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

KingAirNeal

Adventurer
Timbren axles finally showed up.

Very nice build quality. My only complain is the holes that are drilled to mount the system are not at the same dimension as listed on the engineering sheet they emailed me. Very disappointing. Hoping the holes I have to enlarge 1/4" off to the side on the front and rear holes won't cause any issues.

I am going to add the cross bar to eliminate the need to use the vertical mounting holes being as they don't line up with my structure.

4e624f2ceb2944e32b8bc93574483990.jpg

40eab5395051a8f394a8f09426df368d.jpg

ab03348940b9d5d9362c628d8e8bf0ee.jpg

8a9f4452156378be871cc2b45c60bb86.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94