Dont Call it a Build Thread

yes she is coming along, looking good-fer-it, as we used to say in the maritimes.

im headed out to central oregon. i cant stand to see those photos, and not be out there somewhere, feeling the wind, breathing the air ;cold, low humidity, very strong spirits there, undisturbed by the clamor of man.

ur killin' me with these photos, im leaving the swamp today cant take it no more gotta get outta here and get over to the east side!!

Last edited:

howirolla

Campfire Passport
yes she is coming along, looking good-fer-it, as we used to say in the maritimes.

im headed out to central oregon. i cant stand to see those photos, and not be out there somewhere, feeling the wind, breathing the air ;cold, low humidity, very strong spirits there, undisturbed by the clamor of man.

ur killin' me with these photos, im leaving the swamp today cant take it no more gotta get outta here and get over to the east side!!

haha motivation comes in all forms right? maybe I'll see you out and about!?

.....be looking for a maroon gen 1 with oak roof racks, 4 of them up top, and a shovel rack over the back door
gen2 wheels painted dark grey
no front bumper (unless i get motivated this weekend)
and a goofy looking ****er in a cowboy hat behind the wheel.
oh and an old blue dog in the back.
i tend to hang in terrebonne at the pump house,
or at madeleines grill in redmond for lunches.
sometimes at the ice rink.

i had a place in burns, but now camp at skull hollow. i could be camping in the grizzlies
I tend to stay away from sisters/bend but if in town i'm at the galley in sisters for pork chops
or down town at the elks lodge in bend.

rich people in Bogner parkas and tourists give me the hives.

I believe i will head up toward Post this trip. that kind of isolation suites my mood right now. i bet the ochoco's are dynomite with this much snow!

howirolla

Campfire Passport
.....be looking for a maroon gen 1 with oak roof racks, 4 of them up top, and a shovel rack over the back door
gen2 wheels painted dark grey
no front bumper (unless i get motivated this weekend)
and a goofy looking ****er in a cowboy hat behind the wheel.
oh and an old blue dog in the back.
i tend to hang in terrebonne at the pump house,
or at madeleines grill in redmond for lunches.
sometimes at the ice rink.

i had a place in burns, but now camp at skull hollow. i could be camping in the grizzlies
I tend to stay away from sisters/bend but if in town i'm at the galley in sisters for pork chops
or down town at the elks lodge in bend.

rich people in Bogner parkas and tourists give me the hives.

I believe i will head up toward Post this trip. that kind of isolation suites my mood right now. i bet the ochoco's are dynomite with this much snow!

I live and work out in Redmond so maybe we well indeed cross paths. at this point the snow is DEEP anywhere off the beaten path, and apparently more on the way this week lol

the deeper the better.

some years ago we a buddy and i were returning from the big loop rodeo ;was the year that loudmouth fella was predicting the return of christ and worlds end. it was all over the radio. and it was supposed to be the 23 of may or something.
any way rob says "turn here" just outside of hines. so i turns. up we go through this fellas pasture rob swears its the county road. through gates )closed them behind) and finally onto the old road that goes across the top of the ochocos.

At that time and on that trip i was running a dodge dually diesel with a passenger window that failed on us ,robs side of the rig , and i had with us 6 dogs, 4 of em pups a tent trailer and as i was drinkin in those days a 12 pack of coors light.rob dont drink as he is mormon.

over the top of the mountians we go , snow everywhere. lakes , just perfect for a couple of hillbilies out on a lark.
im getting a bit stoned and m sliding this behemouth around the curves
so we know its the last day on earth what do we care.
Rob got us lost a few times and im too addled to worry much. not that i worry anyway. we had beer, food and a tent trailer if i dont roll it..

Comes around this corner and in the road, is a 4 door dodge pickup with a 6 or 8 place horse trailer -a big one hooked on back. sittin in this crossroads of two rock roads in the middle of nowhere.
sittin there the doors open (im not making this up) and tack scattered around, hanging over the bed, trailer door open a saddle on the trailer tongue, and some odds and ends; clothing and such .
well now i had to look this over. i knew in my heart it was cowboys out, but this early in the year and at this altitude ?

im sittin there idlein, lookin things over . im not gettin outta the truck but im looking for someones got hurt or something to ezplain this sight.
not a soul around
what a queer sight to see there in the far reaches of nowhere.

then breaking the silence in a very grave tone ol' rob says, "End of the world. its the rapture" and quick as a wink without even a thought my response was "yea and you damned mormons got left behind.

Now rob is serious about his faith and is all about tellin me how corrupt the catholics are and the inference that the mormons are god's saints and so on, 20 years we been arguing this.
we had no contact with the outside world, no radio no cell, no way to verify this or to debunk it.
i just left it hang in the air, got out to pee took one more carefull look around and moseyed on along.

Ol rob was mighty quiet all the way back to Post which was where we were headed for nightfall. Me i didnt help much by reminding him about the terrible things happens to them that get left behind. . maybe Rob is right we catholics might have an evil streak afterall.

Last edited:

howirolla

Campfire Passport
im gonna try to get to skull hollow. wonder if the road is open as far back as the hollow itself?
I don't remember there being much for gates in that area other than when heading up the grey butte road, so you should be ok. sounds like up to another foot of snow fall over the next few days.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Installed new front shocks and removed the front sway bar today, just doing little suspension jobs while I await for my ADD springs to arrive.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Built and installed my adjustable track bar this evening.
BFF98DB5-4C9C-4BDC-84CB-2717E1308F4D.jpeg

Next up should be rear shocks and sway bar removal

Last edited:

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
Great looking Rig, Im up here in the greater Seattle area, so when I wanna get away I head east to the pass. Oregon looks beautiful and I will definitely have to plan an upcoming trip their with my girl, and my other girl ;)

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Great looking Rig, Im up here in the greater Seattle area, so when I wanna get away I head east to the pass. Oregon looks beautiful and I will definitely have to plan an upcoming trip their with my girl, and my other girl ;)
Yea there is some pretty good stuff down this way. Not to say there isn't plenty of cool stuff up there too though.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Built extended shock towers, removed rear sway bar, and mounted some 10" travel 5100 bilstiens. Somehow in all of this I managed to take zero pictures... maybe tomorrow I'll take it out and see how it feels. All that's left is some ADD springs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz