El Mariachi Bikepacking Setup 1.0

jayspies

Adventurer
Quick question that I have heard from others, as I am thinking of doing the GAP/C&O from Pittsburgh all the way down to DC. Did you have much issue with train noise? Heard that can be a constant bother on the trail at night.

MudderNutter

Adventurer
Quick question that I have heard from others, as I am thinking of doing the GAP/C&O from Pittsburgh all the way down to DC. Did you have much issue with train noise? Heard that can be a constant bother on the trail at night.

You heard correctly! The worst stay we had was in Connellsville. The trains were coupling all night... and then we woke up to shotgun blasts from a hunter about a hundred yards away, haha. Actually... Connellsville was my least favorite town in general. When we pulled in we set up camp at the shelters made for trail-goers, and then headed out to find a pint. We came up to what we thought was a cool spot (forget the name), and were met with a good amount of attitude/lack of personality from the bartender... and they has ZERO ipa's?!?!

So, long story short... bring some ear plugs. We picked up some of those little foam ones from a hardware store, and were snug as a bug the next night. I highly recommend staying at the Husky Haven campground in Rockwood if you get the chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke