My new build

Just started a new trailer, custom built 4x6 utility trailer with 3500# axle and 6 lug hubs to match my xterra. I put some older bfg 31x10.50's on there for the time being. In the near future I'll be putting a Malone rack on it with a 250w solar panel, foxwing awning, 30 gallon water tank with on demand propane water heater, kitchen with Whitner fridge, and I'm sure some other unnecessary glamping accessories. I'll post pics as I go!!!

Last edited:
oh and for the record this is going to be an affordable and somewhat ghetto build. Not everyone has the time and money for extremely over the top and over engineered builds... not that i don't love and appreciate them, this just isn't one :)

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Hello fellow yellow Xterra owner! Cool little trailer. Looking forward to watching the progress on the build.

stomperxj

Explorer
Your U bolts are installed incorrectly. They need to go around the axle not the perch. That's actually dangerous because your axle can fall off with them installed that way

Ducmonsta

Observer
And so you don't find out the hard way... Your bolt pattern on your truck is 6x4.5. I'm betting the trailer is 6x5.5. Double check before you need to use a spare.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Oh shoot, you're right about the U-Bolts!

And so you don't find out the hard way... Your bolt pattern on your truck is 6x4.5. I'm betting the trailer is 6x5.5. Double check before you need to use a spare.

The 00-04 X is 6 x 5.5

c_mack9

Adventurer
I'm picking up an old beat up 4x6 trailer today for a similiar purpose. I mostly just want my rtt up high, and storage for my totes and coolers down below, and my bike rack on the back. I'm hoping to keep it super cheap. I'm starting with a $125 trailer, and I've found some old 285/70/17 terra grapplers for it. I'll need new hubs to match up with Toyota wheels, 2 wheels, paint, materials for the rack, fenders, and lots of TLC.

Your U bolts are installed incorrectly. They need to go around the axle not the perch. That's actually dangerous because your axle can fall off with them installed that way

Thanks, looking at it now that makes sense, I just installed them the way the original u-bolts were.... around the axel makes so much more sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier